Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What's my responsibility? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483435)

tolbiny 08-21-2007 11:56 PM

What\'s my responsibility?

My roomate (victor) is playing a game he never plays at high stakes. Obviously he's been drinking and losing all night. I have told him he's an idiot for playing, how much further should i go to stop him from playing?

luckyme 08-22-2007 12:00 AM

Re: What\'s my responsibility?

[ QUOTE ]

My roomate (victor) is playing a game he never plays at high stakes. Obviously he's been drinking and losing all night. I have told him he's an idiot for playing, how much further should i go to stop him from playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've went too far already.

luckyme

tolbiny 08-22-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've went too far already.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the game and can't profit from him playing.

Autocratic 08-22-2007 12:01 AM

This is better gossip than ethical dilemma. Stakes/his net worth plzkthxbye.

tolbiny 08-22-2007 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is better gossip than ethical dilemma. Stakes/his net worth plzkthxbye.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pm + stars transfer of 200$ for stakes + game + site

400 to include name

yukoncpa 08-22-2007 12:04 AM

Do shots with him. Hopefully, you can divert his attention away from the game, but barring that, hopefully, he’ll pass out. Also, take this advice with a grain of salt. My alkee, gambling roomate passed out very easily, and this was the only solution to get her to not drive in her car and to quit gambling ( barring of course, hog tying her, which I tried once, but the neighbors got pissed from all her screeming)

tolbiny 08-22-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do shots with him. Hopefully, you can divert his attention away from the game, but barring that, hopefully, he’ll pass out. Also, take this advice with a grain of salt. My alkee, gambling roomate passed out very easily, and this was the only solution to get her to not drive in her car and to quit gambling ( barring of course, hog tying her, which I tried once, but the neighbors got pissed from all her screeming)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my roomate

Me outdrink him? That's unpossible!

AWoodside 08-22-2007 12:08 AM

The kid that lived in the room below me and I used to prod eachother into being more and more degenerate. One of us would enter a tournament way above our bankroll (we played at roughly the same stakes) and then chastise the other until he joined the same tourney like 20 minutes late. We'd have competitions to see who could last the longest open pushing short-stacked at the 5-10 cash tables etc. Our bankrolls probably could have appropriately sustained 100NL at the time.

If one of us had gotten drunk and started going nuts the other would have probably just laughed and told the one playing that he wasn't betting aggressively enough.
*shrug*

tolbiny 08-22-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The kid that lived in the room below me and I used to prod eachother into being more and more degenerate. One of us would enter a tournament way above our bankroll (we played at roughly the same stakes) and then chastise the other until he joined the same tourney like 20 minutes late. We'd have competitions to see who could last the longest open pushing short-stacked at the 5-10 cash tables etc. Our bankrolls probably could have appropriately sustained 100NL at the time.

If one of us had gotten drunk and started going nuts the other would have probably just laughed and told the one playing that he wasn't betting aggressively enough.
*shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

My roomate rents a room from me... If he busts he can't pay rent.

AWoodside 08-22-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

*shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

My roomate rents a room from me... If he busts he can't pay rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an EXTREMELY important detail IMO. It's a little bit tricky but I think this gives you a lot more flexibility in what you can reasonably do to make him stop. Granted, if you were just a landlord I'd say let him do what he wants then kick him out if he can't make his payments, but obviously there are different implicit arrangements here given that you're friends. I don't think it would be that inappropriate to just unplug his computer or something. Better yet, if you have a router at your place just unplug that. He'll probably thank you in the morning.