Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Cobra Triangle (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556114)

Carte Blanche 11-28-2007 01:23 AM

Cobra Triangle

Anyone played this game when they were young? Boat racing and shooting game with awesome gameplay and tunes. Wicked hard also. Kinda like RC-Pro am. Only bad thing about the game is that the bosses sucks cause theyre too easy with full weapons. Had potential for great sequels and with multiplayer it would be awesome.

Speed run but he mess up some places

reo 11-28-2007 01:51 AM

Re: Cobra Triangle

Damn, I thought was a new GI Joe game or something.

Regarding your question, no I haven't played it. Looks fun . . .

Macdaddy Warsaw 11-28-2007 03:43 AM

Randomly enough I think there was a thread or maybe just a post about this game before. I loved it when I was a kid, but it was f'ing hard.

sixfour 11-28-2007 09:26 AM

Heard of it, never played it

TomCollins 11-28-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone played this game when they were young? Boat racing and shooting game with awesome gameplay and tunes. Wicked hard also. Kinda like RC-Pro am. Only bad thing about the game is that the bosses sucks cause theyre too easy with full weapons. Had potential for great sequels and with multiplayer it would be awesome.

Speed run but he mess up some places

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my favorite NES games. Some of the levels (especially the ice swirling levels) are pretty damn tough, as is the jump the falls levels. I'm not sure I ever beat this with game genie. Some of those "save the people" levels were damn tough too. I may have to break out the NES today to try it again.

Soul Rebel 11-28-2007 01:11 PM

Yeah amazing game, one of my favorite NES games growing up. I really hope it shows up on the virtual console.

bigbabyjesus 11-28-2007 02:10 PM

Same here. Absolutely loved this game. I'm not even sure I can think of a game I loved as much that I was never able to beat.. I'm going to check out the speed run just to see those last levels.

bigbabyjesus 11-28-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same here. Absolutely loved this game. I'm not even sure I can think of a game I loved as much that I was never able to beat.. I'm going to check out the speed run just to see those last levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I was pretty close back then. I think I may have made it to the the dragon at 24 before but got owned because I would always die at the waterfall jump around the whirlpools, thus have little powerups.

Carte Blanche 11-28-2007 11:44 PM

I spent a week trying to figure how to make the jump on the desert level after crab boss. Didnt find out you could boost things with the pods after a while so i was so pissed i thought the game was broken. Oh well fun times.