Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   i flop middle set str8 and flush draws are out. you play it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558408)

hamnegger 12-01-2007 01:02 AM

i flop middle set str8 and flush draws are out. you play it

ok you devise YOUR plan for playing this hand. then ill share what i think is optimal and why.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1695)
SB (t2315)
BB (t1440)
UTG (t2750)
UTG+1 (t2075)
MP1 (t1205)
MP2 (t1750)
MP3 (t850)
Hero (t1170)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t90, Button calls t90, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t315) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t120</font>, Hero ?

AMT 12-01-2007 01:41 AM

Re: i flop middle set str8 and flush draws are out. you play it

i dont mind a call, but id make it 360 all day and obviously get it in on the flop and on most turns.

erc007 12-01-2007 03:49 AM

Not sure what part of his range UTG is underbetting this flop with, but u have to raise here. Slowplaying won't get u amymore chips, unless button also hit the flop really hard. I'd make it 400, or maybe just shove if u think that will make your hand look like a draw.

gtpitch 12-01-2007 11:24 AM

I raise to ~T350 preflop and shove the flop.

henrikjs 12-01-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mind a call, but id make it 360 all day and obviously get it in on the flop and on most turns.

[/ QUOTE ]
I call like 10% of the time and raise the standard 3x his raise the rest of the time

hyde 12-01-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I call like 10% of the time and raise the standard 3x his raise the rest of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I call like 25% of the time and raise the standard 3x his raise the rest of the time.
Of course I have a moderate FPS affliction.

ShowUthExit 12-01-2007 01:17 PM

reads?

levAA 12-01-2007 01:44 PM

I think calling here is superior to raising for 2 reasons.

1.) His c-bet is really weak and with a hand that strong we want to get all our chips in

2.) Our stack is small enough, so we can easily get it in on the two remaining streets with position.

hagbard celine 12-01-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1.) His c-bet is really weak and with a hand that strong we want to get all our chips in

2.) Our stack is small enough, so we can easily get it in on the two remaining streets with position.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about the button? Not to see monsters under the bed, but flatting on the flop gives him fantastic odds to call with one of the two primary draws out there.

Still, I hate to raise and see them both fold, as UTGs lead does look weak, and raising the UTG raiser on this flop looks strong.

So, I call, planning to continue to build the pot on the turn and river. Although my plan changes alot depending on whether or not the BTN calls, and what falls on the turn.

levAA 12-01-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about the button? Not to see monsters under the bed, but flatting on the flop gives him fantastic odds to call with one of the two primary draws out there.

Still, I hate to raise and see them both fold, as UTGs lead does look weak, and raising the UTG raiser on this flop looks strong.

So, I call, planning to continue to build the pot on the turn and river. Although my plan changes alot depending on whether or not the BTN calls, and what falls on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot on the flop is already 1/3 of your stack and we hold a set. If button calls I get it in on the turn. If button folds I might bet smaller on the turn and get it in on the river (here depending what hits on the turn). I'm not very concerned about a straight-draw here, as we too have (and get more) outs for a boat.