Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Books about reading hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465786)

Loki777 07-31-2007 05:17 PM

Books about reading hands

Hi,

sorry for my worse english. I'am looking for a booke which improves my abillity to put other people on hands they play.

Can you recommend some books?

greatings Loki

agoldenbear 07-31-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Books about reading hands

"Harrington on Hold Em Vol.3" is presented largely in quiz format. It forces you to reason through a hand and come to a logical decision. It then gives you a score based on your performance.

Roy Cooke's "Real Poker II: The Play of Hands" is a fixed limit book that has one actual hand, played by the author, per chapter. It shows a solid pro's thought process for every decision he makes throughout a hand.

Hope my suggestions help.

Senator7 07-31-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roy Cooke's "Real Poker II: The Play of Hands" is a fixed limit book that has one actual hand, played by the author, per chapter. It shows a solid pro's thought process for every decision he makes throughout a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly recommend.

sethypooh21 07-31-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly recommend.

[/ QUOTE ]

cjk73 08-02-2007 06:52 PM

Hand Reading, Hand Reading, Hand Reading.

I don't get it, I have read on mutiple occasions comments like "and you could fill an entire book on Hand Reading in NLHE".....ummm, can someone please do so then!

I do agree that HOH is the best bet for NLHE hand reading currently.

m3dude 08-02-2007 07:05 PM

i dont think u can learn hand reading thru anything other than experience.

Sarcastic7 08-02-2007 11:56 PM

Reading Hands is actually reading players. Schoonmaker, Ph.D, has two excellent books out. "The Psychology of Poker" and "Your worst poker enemy"

cjk73 08-03-2007 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"i dont think u can learn hand reading thru anything other than experience. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that applies to just about anything in poker but there is at least a book size amount of information about lines taken vs board texture, etc. that will provide "what" to think about while gaining experience, much like any strategy book.

[ QUOTE ]
"Reading Hands is actually reading players. Schoonmaker, Ph.D, has two excellent books out. "The Psychology of Poker" ......"

[/ QUOTE ]

I read POP and just for th benefit of others, it is very "fuzzy" from the standpoint of it discusses "player types" (Tight Agg, Loose Agg, etc)and the pros and cons of each. It does not discuss situational hand reading.

XxGeneralxX 08-03-2007 04:29 PM

professional no limit holdem REM section.