Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Borgata Late Night Tournies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540672)

ssnyc 11-07-2007 05:12 PM

Borgata Late Night Tournies

Anyone played in the 11:30 PM $60 Borg tourney? How many runners? Regulars? How is the play?

Thanks

NYTyler 11-07-2007 06:33 PM

Re: Borgata Late Night Tournies

I played and finshed about 15th when there were about 130-155 players. I played four hours and won like $35 or $45 bucks. I can't remember how many people exactlty. It is a fun tournament but the blinds move up so fast that if you are not accumulating rapidly then pretty soon you are short-stacked when getting closer and closer to the bubble. Before you realize it you are short-stacked. You want to accumulate early in that thing and keep accumulating so you never feel absolutely desperate. I prefer it to the Taj's Midnight Madness (Borgata Fee: 20%, Taj Fee: 25%). More money gets tossed in the prize pool.

ssnyc 11-07-2007 07:35 PM

Tyler...thanks for the response...I'm more of a Borg guy...is the level of play any good? Mostly live style or online style?

dudemanjack 11-07-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer it to the Taj's Midnight Madness (Borgata Fee: 20%, Taj Fee: 25%). More money gets tossed in the prize pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it was changed recently Taj's midnight tournament during the week is $38 + $12. 31%

Mr. AtlanticCity 11-07-2007 08:33 PM

I have played in both tournaments (Borgata and Taj "Midnight Madness). For Borgata, on an average night, expect around 100 participants. Blind/ante structre is fair but quick at 15 minutes. Buy-in/juice is better for Borgata ($60+$15 compared to $38+$12 for Trump Taj). You will start to see the "all-in fest" around the 400/800/100 level.

When you compare the two tournaments, the structures are pretty equal.

I believe the structure for the "Midnight Madness' tournament changed recently, but can not get confirmation.

NYTyler 11-07-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer it to the Taj's Midnight Madness (Borgata Fee: 20%, Taj Fee: 25%). More money gets tossed in the prize pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it was changed recently Taj's midnight tournament during the week is $38 + $12. 31%

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to be completely accurate it is 24% (38+12 = 50), therefore 12 & 2 = 24%. I am going from the total buy-in unless that is not the way to calculate buy-in percentages. I see how you did it. I prefer to look at it the other way but I guess that isn't the way its done.

NYTyler 11-07-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the structure for the "Midnight Madness' tournament changed recently, but can not get confirmation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has. You now start with 15,000 in chips and there are 15 minute levels, so it is basically identical to the Borg in blind structures. But there are no antes at the Taj. There are antes at the Borgata 11:30.

Mr. AtlanticCity 11-07-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it has. You now start with 15,000 in chips and there are 15 minute levels, so it is basically identical to the Borg in blind structures. But there are no antes at the Taj. There are antes at the Borgata 11:30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the confirmation. I figured they did it to try and compete with Borgata. Looks like Taj was losing it's late night players to Borgata. I'm suprised the tournament is still no ante, since they added 3,000 to the starting stack and went from 12 to 15 minute rounds.

NYTyler 11-07-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyler...thanks for the response...I'm more of a Borg guy...is the level of play any good? Mostly live style or online style?

[/ QUOTE ]

The level of play at both is fairly weak in my opinion at these tournaments. But you find some of both really. You can kind of tell the guys who have played online a lot and lots of people that don't really know the game that well at all. You can end up with them on the final table very easily these tournaments are so fast. Good luck!