Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Day 4, WSOP ME bustout hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467668)

cking 08-02-2007 04:13 PM

Day 4, WSOP ME bustout hand

Ok so it's day 4, 2nd level of the day (4k/8k, 1k)of the WSOP ME. I have just moved to a new table about 30mins before. Notables are scotty nyguen in the 9 seat, and daniel alahei (sp?) in the 5 seat, im in seat 6. I've played only 2 hands so far, one was a raise that was uncalled, another was a shove over alahei's raise (i had apprx: 180k) with AQo and he tanked and called with AQo for a chop.

Anyway onto the hand in question
-Hero: ~160k in chips
-Button: ~600k+
-SB: ~200k
-BB (nyguen): 500k+

I am in middle position and look down at JJ. I raise to 24k (still 4k/8k). Button calls is old guy who does lots of talking, immedietly asked me my name when i sat down and such. SB is an old guy who hasn't said a thing, he peeks at his cards and after a few seconds pushes all his chips in the middle. I have no reads on the guy. Total chips in the middle at this point is 89k. I have 135k left.

Call or fold? (as this is my bust hand it's obvious that i called) however what ranges do you put him on and why? How likly is this a squeeze or some other type of play? Just thoughts in general.

betgo 08-02-2007 04:24 PM

Re: Day 4, WSOP ME bustout hand

Without a read, this is a very easy call. SB is described as "old guy", which might be a read. How had SB been playing?

mlagoo 08-02-2007 04:25 PM

this is a pretty clear shove.... theres just absolutely no realistic range he can have here that you arent getting odds to call. without running the numbers, im almost certain that you have odds to call QQ+, AK, and his range may well include TT+ and AQ, possibly even 99.

ianisakson 08-02-2007 04:28 PM

"old guy" shoves

fold everything but KK+

Temp Hutter 08-02-2007 04:29 PM

Sorry you busted on this hand, but unless you won the event you had to bust sometime. This looks like a good place to go broke or get chips. You are well below average and if you fold you are pretty much reduced to playing two card poker (push or fold). Hopefully you are up against AK, AQ, TT or maybe even 99. His range may include a lot worse than that because villian is short as well.

Cornell Fiji 08-02-2007 04:40 PM

JJ
+
20bbs deep
+
I open in late and get called to provide a good squeeze opportunity
=
all in

adanthar 08-02-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JJ
+
20bbs deep
+
I open in late and get called to provide a good squeeze opportunity
=
all in

[/ QUOTE ]

old guys dont squeeze but who cares we have jacks and 20 BB

cking 08-02-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a pretty clear shove.... theres just absolutely no realistic range he can have here that you arent getting odds to call. without running the numbers, im almost certain that you have odds to call QQ+, AK, and his range may well include TT+ and AQ, possibly even 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact range that i put him on.

Also the fact that he was an old guy did make me want to put him in a higher range, but i felt like QQ was the only hand that had me beat.

Anyway glad others put him on a similar range. He ended up being on a squeeze with Q8o (which i think was a bad play considering my image and stack size)

ianisakson 08-02-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
old guys dont squeeze

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar 08-02-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone stole an old guy's skin and wore it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]