Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Prop bet thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459777)

PickyTooth 07-26-2007 05:38 PM

Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What 3 clubs should I use?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could really own him and pick a par 3 course. That'd be a sweet hustle.

Obviously it takes out the cart advantage, but if you are a better player than him then you shouldn't really have a problem. I generally only use 4 clubs or so on par 3 courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not that dumb. We specified that I'm not allowed to do this

PickyTooth 07-26-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I bet a friend that I could eat KFC twice a day for a week and not put weight on

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems stupidly easy

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone want to give me action on this if i eat it 3x a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still very easy if you're doing it for only one week.

_Gabe_ 07-26-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That 226 to 200 bet is soooooooo easy.

That's the type of bet a busto college kid like me could essentially bet the net worth on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet my entire roll that I could lose 60 pounds in 7 weeks...26 pounds is nothing.

devilbiss 07-26-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That 226 to 200 bet is soooooooo easy.

That's the type of bet a busto college kid like me could essentially bet the net worth on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet my entire roll that I could lose 60 pounds in 7 weeks...26 pounds is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight and height?

traz 07-26-2007 06:59 PM

yea, unless you're heavily overweight, 60 pounds is hard

Dominic 07-26-2007 08:11 PM

in another forum, 2+2er Apathy had a prop bet with Usher and Durr that he could do 1000 pushups in one 24-hour period. He made it to about 630 and quit.

Irieguy has now booked the same bet....I have action against him...

personally, I think it's close to impossible for 99% of the population...

guids 07-26-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in another forum, 2+2er Apathy had a prop bet with Usher and Durr that he could do 1000 pushups in one 24-hour period. He made it to about 630 and quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could do this fairly easily, Im pretty sure most guys who workout pretty hard could too. The world record is like 10k pushups in a day. Thats 40 pushups per hour, if you think that 99% of people cant do this, you should def take tex's proposed bet of 500 body weight bench presses in a day.

Dominic 07-26-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could do this fairly easily, Im pretty sure most guys who workout pretty hard could too. The world record is like 10k pushups in a day. Thats 40 pushups per hour, if you think that 99% of people cant do this, you should def take tex's proposed bet of 500 body weight bench presses in a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're right and it's easier than I think...the people doing it are degenerate gamblers who don't take care of their bodies very well, so it's VERY hard for them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10,000 in one day? really??

guids 07-26-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're right and it's easier than I think...the people doing it are degenerate gamblers who don't take care of their bodies very well, so it's VERY hard for them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10,000 in one day? really??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I looked it up 10,400 or something like that. And yes, I agree 99.99% of degenerate gamblers could not do this, you have to be in reasonable shape to get through 1000. I think it would be trivial if you did 500 at 11pm, went to bed at 1am, after eating a carb heavy meal, and then woke up and did the rest after 10 hours of sleep.

shemp 07-26-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also available for the 500 body weight bench press bet, btw, and I will beat Tex's price!