Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   troublesome pokerstar customer service (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538909)

ibluffoldladies 11-05-2007 03:18 PM

Re: troublesome pokerstar customer service

This sounds like something you should write to the KGC about. Oh, wait...

futuredoc85 11-05-2007 04:20 PM

i dont think he deserves any reimbursement for 30 chips

StellarWind 11-05-2007 04:53 PM

Gambling is intended to be entertainment. People play poker because it's fun. PokerStars is in the entertainment business.

When a good restaurant does something awful that spoils my experience, I expect them to buy me dessert, comp my meal, or somehow make up for their mistake. If they didn't I might not go back.

Revoking someone's playing privileges during a tournament is traumatic. To say that the EV loss involved is insignificant is beside the point. It's like a restaurant spilling soup all over you and then saying "Why should I pay anything? Your clothes are machine washable permanent press!"

The least PokerStars should possibly consider doing is refunding the fee portion of the entries. They certainly don't deserve to be paid for hosting those SNGs. But really a $50 bonus seems more like it. You spill soup, you apologize. It's got nothing to do with how many orbits were missed. Compensating any major loss of EV should be a separate issue.

dlk9s 11-05-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and it caused some small though not trivial amount of blinds to be lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your definition of trivial? Because losing 30 chips in the 10/20 level of a Stars S&G is pretty trivial.

ycjason 11-05-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your definition of trivial? Because losing 30 chips in the 10/20 level of a Stars S&G is pretty trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

the amount really shouldn't be a factor here. what if the first hand blind vs blind, and hand checked down, I should have won with the best hand, but the pot is wrongfully awarded to the other player due to software bug in stars server. only 20 chips, so just treat it like nothing happened? what if it happened twice in a row? when should it matter?

KSOT 11-05-2007 06:42 PM

This thread is just a level... right?

dlk9s 11-05-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the amount really shouldn't be a factor here. what if the first hand blind vs blind, and hand checked down, I should have won with the best hand, but the pot is wrongfully awarded to the other player due to software bug in stars server. only 20 chips, so just treat it like nothing happened? what if it happened twice in a row? when should it matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't the amount should or should not be factor. I'm just saying that 30 chips is pretty damn trivial.

crashjr 11-05-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

30 chips = 2% of a total starting stack. I don't consider that trivial at all. You apparently do. I suppose we could propose the hypothetical HU match, assuming equally skilled opponents, and figure out how much of a chip disadvantage you would be willing to accept without taking odds. So if you are willing to play the rest of your SNGs spotting your opponent a 1530:1470 lead every single time, then I guess it really is trivial to you. It is not trivial to me. Small, yes. Trivial, no.

edfurlong 11-05-2007 08:19 PM

lololol

Annorax 11-05-2007 08:30 PM

Maybe since you are royal pokerstar member you can have the King round up a crusade to go punish these no good stealing villians. While they are at it you can learn to speak English why crushing some people in $100 play money games as you were before stars cut your power.

By the way, where the hell do you get cliffs notes for Pokerstars? I'd love to purchase some because I'm sure there's a section in there on disabling the doomswitch, which appears to have happened in your case.