Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Software products that you think are really good (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319348)

N 82 50 24 08-12-2007 09:01 PM

Re: Software products that you think are really good

[ QUOTE ]
PSPad - Notepad replacement, it has syntax coloring that are user editable. By default color codes everything from web languages like (XHTML, PHP) to programming languages (Java, C++, C) to niche languages (Assembly, Autohotkey).

[/ QUOTE ]
I still like this more than Notepad++ ... I was using it before I saw this thread, but I'm glad to see it show up here.

N 82 50 24 08-12-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vPod - A much easier way to transfer songs to your iPod.

[/ QUOTE ]
From his site:

"IMPORTANT: vPod Doesn't Work With iTunes 7.3+ iPods
With many of the recent versions of the iPod firmware, which iTunes automatically installs for you, vPod will no longer work with most iPods. This is especially the case if you have used iTunes 7.3 with your iPod.
I am working on a new version of vPod that supports all new iPods and firmwares but my time is limited and I cannot say when it will be released. Check back now and then."

His last update was over two years ago. Is there anything that works with the latest version that anyone knows about?

Maulik 08-13-2007 08:21 AM

Has anyone used Amazon S3 coupled w/ Jungledisk? I'm expecting Amazon's S3 to be a place where I host my media.

AncientPC 08-13-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
teracopy - this program makes copying/moving lots of big files around a breeze (great if you have multiple hard drives and want to sort or something). You can copy files faster, pause/resume file transfers, error recovery. It's really just great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love this program.

MasterLJ 08-13-2007 03:42 PM

I was roasted in BBV when I posted a pic of my 3 monitor set up and didn't have Ultramon.

I suspect a few of you have multiple monitors. It allows for panoramic backgrounds as well as convenient window management. I "could" live with out it but I like it.

While we are arguing about editors...

alias vim 'rm *'

Please do.

tw0please 08-13-2007 04:38 PM

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

For Windows users, if you are familiar with the application "dock" of Macs, ObjectDock is a great emulator. It looks sexy, and can replace or supplement your taskbar as you wish. Very customizable (think widgets), it's free, and did I mention it's sexy???

thesilkworm 08-13-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TypeIt4Me

You set up a list of abbreviations for common words/phrases. Then, any time you're typing in any program it replaces the abbreviation with the word/phrase you defined.

Only for Macintosh though. If anyone knows of a similar program for Windows I'd love to know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Textomatic

Really simple program, but extremely useful. I use it for work.

thesilkworm 08-13-2007 07:08 PM

Can't believe it took me 6 months to find this thread. Memento and Launchy are going to change my life!

AncientPC 08-13-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TypeIt4Me

You set up a list of abbreviations for common words/phrases. Then, any time you're typing in any program it replaces the abbreviation with the word/phrase you defined.

Only for Macintosh though. If anyone knows of a similar program for Windows I'd love to know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Textomatic

Really simple program, but extremely useful. I use it for work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is one of the functions Autohotkey provides (among others).

Neko 08-15-2007 10:41 PM

StrokeIt

Sweet program that allows you to use customizable mouse gestures in Windows explorer and just about any other program.