Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Taking a shot at mid-stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507625)

Leader 09-23-2007 04:05 PM

Taking a shot at mid-stakes

So I was chatting with veganmav yesterday and he expressed some interest in staking me to 10/20 and 15/30. We worked out the details today:

*I will play 20K hands at 10/20 and 15/30
*If I win, we split the profit 50/50
*Veganmav will cover any losses
*We will settle up after each week to the running total.
*Rakeback is included in the profit. This will be settled in the middle of next month.
*Bonuses are not included.
*Veganmav has a stop loss option. If I lose more then 3K, Veganmav has the option of ending the stake. At which point things will be settled up. As long as I’m below -3K, Veganmav has the option to end the stake.
*Veganmav is going to loan me 4K to play with, which will be settled via winnings or at the end of the stake.
*I will keep all hand histories and provide then upon request.

So mid-stakes, here I come. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I’d appreciate any advice people have. I’ve played some 10/20, but no 15/30. Is there much difference there? I’m planning on sticking to 2 tables for a while and spending more time reviewing, thinking and so on. I’m fairly loose already so I doubt it’ll be an issue of me being run over, but opponents will be smarter and tougher of course.

veganmav 09-23-2007 04:06 PM

Re: Taking a shot at mid-stakes

agreed.

let us gogogogo

Wolfram 09-23-2007 04:16 PM

Daily updates plz.

And gogogo.

veganmav 09-23-2007 04:44 PM

1. don't make big folds against tricky/lag playres.
2. play nit poker in softer games.

surfdoc 09-23-2007 05:18 PM

You better hope you run good out of the gate. 3k isn't enough to feel comfortable especially for 15/30. If you get stuck a bit you will be very shortstacked and that isn't good for your mental outlook. I think 5k at least would be a more reasonable shot.

HOWMANY 09-23-2007 05:18 PM

don't tilt, don't fold, run good. btw like surfdoc said this deal has a pretty huge ror

thepizzlefosho 09-23-2007 05:20 PM

table select well....ship the profits. I've been taking shots at 10/20 for awhile, and as long as I pick a decent table with (more importantly) a good seat I have no trouble in the games.

donger 09-23-2007 05:33 PM

game selection is key. Just cherry pick the softest games at first to build confidence and give you a higher WR out of the gate. Esp if veganmav is staking you for certain limits, you can mix and match with your regular play to ensure you're only playing in good midstakes games.

Victor 09-23-2007 05:37 PM

3k is not enough.

veganmav 09-23-2007 07:02 PM

3k is misleading.

I 99% won't pull out till 4k, and he will be playing mostly 10/20 I think, so that's like 200 bets. Enough to start, and I can ship more if i feel it's +EV and he's running bad. But obv he's gonna run goood and win infinite right out the gate.