Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   In the pond (HG) with Frond (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556824)

gobbledygeek 11-29-2007 01:26 PM

Re: In the pond (HG) with Frond

So Frond's in the HJ, perhaps looking to buy the button? Still an easy-peasy fold, no? If an Ace flops and Frond has one he's probably crushing you (unless raising a little light with A9s/A8s); how would you play it? Would you have to raise flop to see if he has one and then be able to safely dump your hand before it gets too expensive? But what if there are other draws that he could be pumping or thinking that you're pumping?

The kicker for me though is why get in a hand with a good player with a mediocre hand? I simply fold and wait for a better spot to take money off the fishies.

GcluelessnoobG

SNOWBALL 11-29-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a standard call preflop, call the flop, and then raise any turn. Frond folds everything but the nuts to a raise on the big streets. This works really well if you give him an evil grin while raising...

[/ QUOTE ]

????

there are other players in the hand

fold pf plz

SNOWBALL 11-29-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another tip to use against me: I also have been known to defend very light against a few 2+2ers in the BB.

Q3o: The new AKs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's very wrong to do in lower limit games. The rake is just too devastating to play HU OOP without a good hand.

fishyak 11-29-2007 02:15 PM

And his position was not optimal to ty something against 3 limpers. Also, some of these limpers were time bombs because they uniformly were NOT PF raising premium hands.

James, you hit a valuable distinction on the issue of suitage. I would have stayed in with ATs facing 6+ on the Button with a nut flush draw. While I'm not thrilled about possibly being dominated on the big card side of my hand, I have enough players on the flush draw side and I have the Button, so with that many opponents and position, I would cold call, but not 3 bet my flush draw PF.

KitCloudkicker 11-29-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a standard call preflop, call the flop, and then raise any turn. Frond folds everything but the nuts to a raise on the big streets. This works really well if you give him an evil grin while raising...

[/ QUOTE ]

????

fold pf plz

[/ QUOTE ]

good level snowball

Scarmiglio 11-29-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????

fold pf plz

[/ QUOTE ]

good level snowball

[/ QUOTE ]

Good level? Not sure that means kit.
As far as my suggestion, I think I forgot to include the <sarcasm> tags snowball. I play poker with Frond a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BadBigBabar 11-29-2007 04:51 PM

lock pls