Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   .25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tight? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=418340)

larm 06-02-2007 09:13 PM

.25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tight?

After reviewing some of my sessions i realised that my biggest problems are that im valuebetting in the wrong places and not valuebetting enough.

I dont have any other reads than the few hands pokertracker recorded. As CO seemed taggish i would put him on PP's 77+. A8s+ A10o+ Kjo+ kjs+ qj as his opening standards (to tight?). As played i would put him on 77+ Ato+ Ats+, and maybe overcards on the turn.

UTG is LP 50/3/.4/40
CO is taggish 20/13/1.8/80

As played is my hand strong enough to c/r the turn, or should i donk it myself (as c/r might lead to a 3-bet). Should i donk or c/c the river (i prefer c/c because of the K, as it might be completing som draws) ?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#red">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.4SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#red">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.7BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#red">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.7BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.7BB

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 06-02-2007 09:33 PM

Re: .25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tig

terrible

either b/3bet or c/r the turn

as played bet the river

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 06-02-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i prefer c/c because of the K, as it might be completing som draw

[/ QUOTE ]

the only draw it comletes is AK/KQ which you can beat and which means you will get paid off. what hand were you scared of exactly?

IcarusJam 06-02-2007 09:37 PM

raise turn.

KingOtter 06-02-2007 09:42 PM

My main question is, why would you call the flop if when you improved you were just going to call?

OziBattler 06-02-2007 09:49 PM

yeah, if you cant find a way to get more bets into this pot on the turn and river then you shouldnt be seeing the turn and river. when you actually turn an hand you gotta get value for it to make up for all the times that you dont. check call on the turn is the worst of the lines that doesnt involve folding.

as played, I'd donk the river.

basically so not standard. reviewing is good but keep at it and continue to get better.

marchron 06-02-2007 11:13 PM

Re: .25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tight?

[ QUOTE ]
painfully standard or weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Split the difference and call it painfully weak. Seriously, looking at this made my balls ache.

[ QUOTE ]
As played is my hand strong enough to c/r the turn, or should i donk it myself (as c/r might lead to a 3-bet).

[/ QUOTE ]
And?? Your hand is all but unbeatable; the only thing in a PFR's range that has you beat is TT. I would love to be three-bet here. You made a semi-thin call on the flop in order to hit this exact card, then you hit it and go all wobbly on us because you're afraid you might be reraised by a hand which is almost certainly drawing to 2-3 outs. Then you don't bet the river because it completes draws? Which ones? The only hand that possibly helps is KT.

The "bet" and "raise" buttons are your friends. Do not be scared of them.

larm 06-03-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i prefer c/c because of the K, as it might be completing som draw

[/ QUOTE ]

the only draw it comletes is AK/KQ which you can beat and which means you will get paid off. what hand were you scared of exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont know, thats why i put the hand out there.. to get corrected [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i am often to weak tight against tags, being a bit afraid of them, and this is a part of me getting better and getting some more value out of my hands!

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 06-03-2007 05:46 AM

weak refers to a high propensity to folding postflop

tight refers to the amount of hands you play preflop

what you are is overly 'passive'... not nitting it, just so you know cause you appear new.

in any hand, try to give your opponents a range, then act on it accordingly. here, you give your opponents a range, then when the K hits you say you are scared despite the fact that you are ahead of every single hand in their range.

larm 06-03-2007 06:03 AM

Yeah youre right i was passive in this hand...

you are completely right. That was why i wanted it out here, because i am not valuebetting enough when im ahead, (and sometimes valuebet when im pretty much behind. Meh!)

i suck in many postflop situation especially river situations (that is why i started playing some 6 max, to attend my postflop problems, and learn to get some reads and hand ranges on my opponents. Now i just need to implement it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).