Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Even if Things Get Heavy, I'll Still Float On (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401403)

Big_Jim 05-12-2007 12:51 PM

Even if Things Get Heavy, I\'ll Still Float On

No reads.

Thoughts on all streets (particularly the turn) welcome.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $556.10
BB: $391.00
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $417.10</font>
MP: $157.20
CO: $401.00
<font color="black">BTN: $394.00</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $48.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $34.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($102) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $56.00</font>, Hero calls $56.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($214) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($214) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $155.00</font>

jfish 05-12-2007 12:53 PM

Re: Even if Things Get Heavy, I\'ll Still Float On

like it less cause youre utg and its a rr pot, but definitely fine at times.

Newt_Buggs 05-12-2007 12:57 PM

Against an unknown I would fold pf but I'm a nit. The rest looks reasonable, although if I'm going to bet the river I might bet even a little bit more.

Duck Rabbit 05-12-2007 01:00 PM

Not a big fan of floating OOP. You have no clue where you're at for the rest of the hand and hence make the turn difficult to play. Given that you called the flop, I would c/f turn. Even though you have a double gutter, you'll be OOP on the river and it will be difficult to get paid off.

Duck Rabbit 05-12-2007 01:00 PM

I also fold 55 pf to a reraise OOP.

soah 05-12-2007 01:05 PM

the dude's flop bet really looks like "please go away, I don't like the ace."

without that, this would probably be pretty bad, but that plus the bonus outs makes this probably ok

DMoogle 05-12-2007 01:06 PM

Preflop is pretty loose. If I'm calling a small pocket pair in a re-raised pot against an unknown, it's only with position. As played, I like your line. His small flop bet + turn check shows that he's weak, so your river bluff is good. The turn is pretty tricky. I can see cases for leading, check/folding, and check/raising all-in.

DJ Sensei 05-12-2007 10:02 PM

i like the turn/river line. turn you obv have to check because betting out just doesnt make much sense. river you have to lead because c/r wont work and he'll check behind mad pairs better than yours. flop: i think this is about the best flop for your hand that doesnt have a 5 in it (or like 432) because you can rep the A and hey, gutterball!

so yea this is aiiight with me. i probably fold preflop though unless the dude is mega predictable in postflop situations and respects you enough to lay some stuff down.

BobboFitos 05-12-2007 11:14 PM

i think you should put more action in on the flop, ala bet small and push or c/r all in or c/r a small amount and push the turn

BobboFitos 05-12-2007 11:18 PM

eff 350 on the flop with 100 in there its REALLY close between B3B and c/rai, in fact. it boils down to:
1. how often does he raise air
2. how often will he not auto bet the flop (with either a hand we beat, like KJ, or a hand we dont, like 99). both of those mentioned, given our plan, we clearly WANT him to bet, as you can see why.

i think the riverb luff how its gotten this way is solid since your hand does look AQish, so it does pressure underpairs into folding. That said, its easy when somoene can see a showdown to call this w/ a pair. (although i expect most aces to call and most things worse then that to fold)