Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bar Stool Pundits Week 5 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516942)

natedogg 10-06-2007 01:49 PM

Bar Stool Pundits Week 5

Well, the BSPs have had a pretty bad run so far this year (2*-4) and they are not quite as enthusiastic as they used to be. This has been one of the quietest BSP weeks in a while.

However, there is one game that stands out a bit and I feel sick to my stomach about it because it involves my beloved 9ers, who looked like the worst team in the league last week.

This week, the vaunted Baltimore defense comes to town and the 9ers are reeling from an embarassing loss to the SeaChickens wherein they scored 3 whole points.

They lost their starting QB, their starting Left Guard Jonas Jennings, and the week before they lost one of their young star linebackers Manny Lawson. Their receivers have dropped balls all year and Trent Dilfer will not under any circumstances be able to light it up against Balmer. He threw three(?) picks last week and now faces an actual tough defense.

It looks like curtains for the 9ers.

Take San Francisco +3.5

natedogg

zOrO2k6 10-06-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Bar Stool Pundits Week 5

total agree with 49ers, also i like Rams +3.5 and Dolphins +5.5.

GL all.

-JC

MacGuyV 10-06-2007 02:00 PM

I didn't realize Jennings was playing Guard now. He's never been able to stay healthy.

Lori 10-06-2007 02:21 PM

Would you say these BSPs represent the nation as a whole?

The reason I ask is that beat up linebackers, and WRs dropping balls seems like more of a local bar type knowledge than a national one.

Of course, I think everyone will agree that 0-fer had a horror game.

Lori

NajdorfDefense 10-06-2007 02:26 PM

A lot of EC-people are betting against BMore getting 3.5 here, having watched Boller and perpetually injured McNair look awful most of this year.

Nate, what do you think of SDG+1 and NO-3 [vs Carr!] also as favorite BSP picks?

zOrO2k6 10-06-2007 02:34 PM

NajdorfDefense: i like Panthers +3, i can't say the same for Broncos.

LogistX 10-06-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nate, what do you think of SDG+1 and NO-3 [vs Carr!] also as favorite BSP picks?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still seeing some books with SDG+1, but Pinny is showing -1 and Bodog (and others) is showing a pick. If you're going to take Denver over my beloved Chargers, might as well get a pick or +1. I'm not taking either side.

What about the NYG-3.5 and DAL-10 as BSP picks?

CieloAzor 10-06-2007 04:00 PM

I think you're on the right side, Nate, but this doesn't feel like a true BSP pick to me.

natedogg 10-06-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're on the right side, Nate, but this doesn't feel like a true BSP pick to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not nearly as heavily BSP as previous picks but it's getting the most BSP action of the week.

It's admittedly a marginal BSP pick compared to usual but as I said, the BSPs are reeling from a bad couple weeks and are less enthusiastic. The 9ers are getting the most favor but not everyone is willing to back up the truck like they were with say, Cincy at Cleveland. That one was one of the biggest BSP picks of all time.

natedogg

Claunchy 10-06-2007 07:01 PM

GB (-3.5) at home against Chicago seems like a huge BSP pick. Is anyone taking Chicago here, and if so why?