Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   To thin value? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557914)

Laetus 11-30-2007 11:23 AM

To thin value?

Villain is unknown to me. But he's probably some random donk. The villain who folded on turn is a TAG by the way. To thin? By the way the reason I pushed is because there is a lot of combos of 5x and less of 9x.

Everest Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00/$2.00 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

CO ($49.80)
Button ($458.15)
SB ($199.70)
BB ($187.00) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO calls $2.00, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $9.00</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls $7.00, CO calls $7.00,

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( $28 )
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks,

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( $28 )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $13.00</font>, CO calls $13.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( $54 )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $54.00</font>, CO calls All-In $27.80,

Paul Thomson 11-30-2007 11:31 AM

Re: To thin value?

too thin. even though he has to be good so little to call. it might not be bad if it's some sort of range merging thing, where u think he folds some better hand and calls some worse.

but whatever, i usually just check-fold the river. it looks like he want to showdown cheaply or is slowplaying the nuts.

Noam Chomsky 11-30-2007 11:39 AM

don't bet the turn if you're not willing to felt one way or another vs shorty.

I play it the same. I'm not about to c/f the river. I guess you could also c/c but the guy has 25bbs and is limp calling off 5 of those from the c/o so the moron factor is high here. I'd rather test his decision making skills, I mean, he can show up with anything and will call you down with at least 70% of that, A high, any 2, any 5, 33, 44, 66 they all look you up.

Noam Chomsky 11-30-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
too thin. even though he has to be good so little to call. it might not be bad if it's some sort of range merging thing, where u think he folds some better hand and calls some worse.

but whatever, i usually just check-fold the river. it looks like he want to showdown cheaply or is slowplaying the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're vastly overcomplicating this. we has a pair, he has half pot left and is dumb. He has no [censored] clue how often he needs to be good to call here, he never folds better sometimes calls with better and sometimes calls with worse.....plenty imo to make this profitable and I do it all the time.