Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   "TPTK" with a couple maniacs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526683)

yellovizion 10-19-2007 04:17 PM

\"TPTK\" with a couple maniacs

OK - Game is 3/6 live. Shorthanded. SB is loose passive, BB is too, UTG is a calling station (within the last few hands he has begun calling anything down to the river blind, and then he jumps up to flip his cards over at showdown to see if he won) I'm UTG, BTN is a calling station (he's also calling blind, but he's also doing a bit of blind raising). This game is sick - I'm having a blast and getting the monies. They have all noticed I am playing tight.

UTG calls blind, I call with A7o (no hearts), BTN raises blind, SB, BB and everyone else calls.

Flop is 2 4 7 with two hearts. SB checks, BB bets, UTG looks at his cards (wtf?!) and folds, I raise, BTN looks at his cards (wtf?!), and calls, SB thinks for a while, then says he thinks I have a set, and folds, BB calls.

Turn is a black K.

BB checks, I insta-bet, BTN calls and says he'll call me down to the river, BB folds.

River is the 8 of diamonds.

I...

Also, feel free to rate my pf, f, and turn lines.

Cheers

jesse8888 10-19-2007 04:54 PM

Re: \"TPTK\" with a couple maniacs

People are basically playing blind and you flopped top pair. Bet. On the turn...Bet. On the river....bet....

NH

mntndrew 10-19-2007 05:13 PM

Fold preflop, bet, bet, bet every other street.

bernie 10-19-2007 05:21 PM

Fold preflop.

Misleading title as you describe everyone as callingstations and very little aggression. Where's the 'couple of maniacs'? But even in a CS game, I'd fold A7o here. I'd play it for a raise if I could isolate a weak player and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Postflop is fine. Bet the river.

b

One Outer 10-19-2007 05:42 PM

Once you're in the pot you played every street correctly. Just keep betting for value.

I'd fold preflop, though.

yellovizion 10-22-2007 05:07 PM

Fold? Even though the game is five-handed and two players are calling and raising w/o even looking at their cards? I'm thinking I should have raised preflop.

BTW, I originally stated I was UTG. Not true, I was UTG+1 (CO).

Also, I agree the title is misleading. I erroneously referred to the blind callers as maniacs. Sorry.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

DeuceKicker 10-23-2007 02:12 AM

With these conditions preflop is a raise, not a fold. I don't think calling is bad, but A7 has a nice equity edge when 40% of the table isn't even looking at their cards.

If nothing else, it loosens up your image. If you play too tight, the other guys start to resent that they're there having fun and you're the shark taking all their money.

On the flop say, "I only looked at one card. I bet!"

Grease 10-23-2007 08:41 AM

I would either raise or fold PF. I lean towards folding, because a raise is only going to tie you to a pot with a marginal hand against people who are giving you a first-class ticket to showdowntown.

That said, bet the rest of the way. You have top pair against what are essentially random hands, so maximize your value (and make them think you are LAGtastic too, because what tight-passive player (or whatever they think you are) really valuebets top pair after two overs have fallen?)

KitCloudkicker 10-23-2007 09:22 AM

fold preflop.

if you had the button i think a limp is acceptable.

DeuceKicker 10-23-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

if you had the button i think a limp is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]He's CO in a game where the only other non-blinds aren't looking at their cards.