Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   More quads HU 1/2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495679)

sc000t 09-07-2007 11:19 AM

More quads HU 1/2

Ok same villian as other post. Seems pretty weak but has loosened up a bit. He seems to be raising more than he is limping preflop and I caught him bluffing, or something on the river where he bet like 1/3 the pot with a pair of 6s. He doubled up 10-20 hands back in a 3bet pot and now has a stack I can play against. The check on flop was a missed c/r. The check on river is me being greedy and wanting his whole stack. Likes/Dislikes, anyone vbet river here, if so how much?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($310.95)
Button ($210.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($12) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $8.

River: ($28) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

Triantafylidis 09-07-2007 11:22 AM

Re: More quads HU 1/2

FWIW i kinda like it. Hes not gunna call a good size bet with nothing, so hopefully he made spades and will bet a little and you can adjust your raise accordingly.

jbird 09-07-2007 11:23 AM

looks good.

iggymcfly 09-07-2007 12:20 PM

Well, you're never getting his whole stack. Best-case scenario, he has a flush and might call a small C/R. More likely, he'll try to represent the flush if you check to him and you'll get $20 or so you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I'd definitely bet full pot on the turn though. You really want to get as many chips in as possible here.

RoundTower 09-07-2007 12:52 PM

I think the chance of you bet + he raise &gt;&gt;&gt; the chance of you check he bets + you raise + he calls.

jbird 09-07-2007 01:09 PM

I think the chance of you bet + he fold &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the chance of you check + he bets. I don't expect him to call your raise at this point but I think you squeeze more EV here by checking river.

cts 09-07-2007 01:40 PM

def bet

cts 09-07-2007 01:41 PM

ppl just make bad calls a lot more than they make bad bets and then the chance of him calling your checkraise too is low, don't let it check through

pete fabrizio 09-07-2007 01:49 PM

also he probably doesn't have the nut flush b/c he didn't bet the flop. few people at 1-2 would ever try to value-bet less.

sc000t 09-07-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also he probably doesn't have the nut flush b/c he didn't bet the flop. few people at 1-2 would ever try to value-bet less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I think many people at HU tables will valuebet less than the NF here.

Also, I believe the chances of me checking and him betting is more than the chances of me betting and him calling. Its a good card to bluff and it fills the biggest draw out there. And with me checking I would think most flush draws would try to get value in this spot once they call the turn and I check the river.

And with that said, he checked behind with like Q9Tx and no flushdraw. I doubt he calls the river lead, maybe I shoulda asked him if he would of bet a flush there...maybe next time.