Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   river spot vs Sethy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527634)

efficacy 10-21-2007 05:44 AM

river spot vs Sethy

SB is Sethy

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with xx
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks

What is Sethy's range here? What hands can I value bet?

kross 10-21-2007 06:05 AM

Re: river spot vs Sethy

Since you raised UTG, he has to put you on a much stronger range than if you were stealing from the button. Unless, of course, you're playing like a maniac from all positions. But you didn't specify that, so I'll assume you have a somewhat normal UTG raising range.

The way the hand played out, about the only thing I can imagine him having would be AK, and PP's smaller than JJ. I'd say you can definitely bet any Qx or Jx, but I'm not sure about smaller pairs. Obviously he's calling with AK, but I don't think that's a big enough part of his range for you to be value betting 66 or 77.

sethypooh21 10-21-2007 06:07 AM

I think my hand is pretty face up here.

inferno 10-21-2007 07:14 AM

lol

BrassMonkey 10-21-2007 08:05 AM

I guess he had AK, but I can't see Seth check/folding that here. Maybe I'm wrong, though. Ooo, maybe it's T9s [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Stealthy 10-21-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my hand is pretty face up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my initial *grunched* thoughts on this hand are right then I value bet any pair and AK here. AK I expect to be chopping but you cant really have a pair here and not bet the river so you must be going CF with anything less than AK (which you will never have played this way) but I will bet it anyway as I am likely chopping and might get a fold a small % of the time.

A bluff here by OP would be terrible which I am sure Efficacy realises.

Transference 10-21-2007 10:43 AM

Sethy almost certainly has AK, he tries to induce river bluffs quite a bit but I dont see him checking that turn with an unimproved under pair. He probably folds AK about 50% of the time depending on your image so bet with any two.

Heisenb3rg 10-21-2007 02:16 PM

He has ace high. Value bet AK+ 22+

acehole60 10-21-2007 02:40 PM

I valuebet any pair and AK. I expect to be chopping AK a fair amount of the time though.

MacGuyV 10-21-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I valuebet any pair and AK. I expect to be chopping AK a fair amount of the time though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I'd bet any pair on the turn though.