Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AA faces push with player all-in (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502120)

blumpkin 09-16-2007 06:01 AM

AA faces push with player all-in

This hand was very early in the session. I don't have any history with either player. It's a 9-max table that was 6-handed.

SB: $2,080.25
Hero (BB): $1,084.00
UTG: $192.00
MP: $1,380.00
CO: $207.00
BTN: $1,071.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $10.00, 2 folds, BTN calls $10.00, SB calls $5.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50.00</font>, UTG calls $40.00, BTN calls $40.00, SB calls $40.00

Flop: ($200) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $150.00</font>, UTG calls all-in for $142.00, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $2,030.25</font>, Hero

Burdzthewurd 09-16-2007 06:05 AM

Re: AA faces push with player all-in

Fist-pump call? SB easily can have some sort of combo draw here, AK too.

DTD 09-16-2007 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] The odds look sort of OK, and you have aces dammit, but you are hardly ever ahead here let's face it.

homeboy604 09-16-2007 07:18 PM

i fold.

xSCWx 09-16-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DeucesNeverLoses 09-16-2007 08:23 PM

Eww, that's a gross spot...totally looks like 55...no way SB has AK here since he would RR pre if he's decent at all. I think you have to let this one go unless you're a fan of variance. Even if he has something like JTs, you're still barely ahead.

Jinx 09-16-2007 08:24 PM

just fold it

BDub1 09-16-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eww, that's a gross spot...totally looks like 55...no way SB has AK here since he would RR pre if he's decent at all. I think you have to let this one go unless you're a fan of variance. Even if he has something like JTs, you're still barely ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a 3:1 favorite over JT, unless it is suited in [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and then it is a coin flip. If he thinks you raised pf with AdKd then he needs you off the hand with TPTK and the nut flush draw if he hit his set. If he thinks you just have a K or AA/QQ then I think it is a bad shove to get you off a hand you are drawing slim with.

A lot depends on your image and what he perceives. Would you raise pf with just AKo, suited connectors or air oop. What is his image? Does he have AK, bottom set or the nut flush draw? Some guys like to push with a combo draw, pair and flush draw, str8 and flush draw and bet enough to see the turn and the river, because more money would go in after the turn and there might be some fold equity.

Tough choice, but I am siding with fold, it really is only 1 pair. In reality, you can't beat the set of 5s, 10s, or KD. You can beat AK, a flush draw and a str8 draw.

winningfish 09-16-2007 11:48 PM

Hey I got slammed by the board for suggesting sometimes you'd consider a fold with AA.. I guess it was Sunday morning after players suffer badbeats aye? lmao

Yeah we got AA!! Fist pump INSTA call!!! let's give a grand to a set!!!! lmao

blumpkin 09-16-2007 11:48 PM

Bdub, the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is on the board; I'm confused about some of your statements. DeucesNever was obviously saying could definitely have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and it's basically 50/50 there vs my AA no diamond.

I really don't think he'd play KK or TT this way...could be 55 or KT though. I really think he has diamonds here a lot: QJ, JT, QT, T9, T8, etc.