Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525670)

Semtex 10-18-2007 08:34 AM

Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time?

This is something they dealt with tonight on Inside the NFL. I feel like sooner or later Brady is going to take some dirty late hit from a ticked off linebacker ending this whole thing.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-18-2007 08:38 AM

Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

Semtex 10-18-2007 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats fine, but what do you do if Brady, one of the receivers or someone on the O-line gets lit up when they went for it on 4th and 2 with a double digit lead in the final minutes, ending that player's season?

4_2_it 10-18-2007 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats fine, but what do you do if Brady, one of the receivers or someone on the O-line gets lit up when they went for it on 4th and 2 with a double digit lead in the final minutes, ending that player's season?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else they gonna stay #1 in the AP poll and play in the BCS title game?

kyro 10-18-2007 08:56 AM

Brady and Moss are incapable of getting hurt, so I don't know what the point of this question is.

Suigin406 10-18-2007 08:57 AM

whatever, running up the score might not be the nicest thing, but the pats can deal with whatever consequences that come their way as a result of it...

i really don't care if they pound a team into the ground and don't see much of a problem with it tbh and imo

kyro 10-18-2007 08:59 AM

/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

Semtex 10-18-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How else they gonna stay #1 in the AP poll and play in the BCS title game?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol nice

Richard Tanner 10-18-2007 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Edge, but I'm willing to make "98%" of that claim, in the sense that I'm fairly certain they wouldn't. Just look at the head coaches, large gulf there.

Edit: Also I suppose we have history. Top of my head I'm thinking the Thanksgiving game a year or so ago. Peyton throws for 6 TDs in the first half and then calls runs for the next 30 min (or something close).

Cody

Kneel B4 Zod 10-18-2007 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Just look at the head coaches, large gulf there.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely