Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Standard with a set? - Borgata 40/80 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555206)

tradingman123 11-26-2007 11:02 PM

Standard with a set? - Borgata 40/80

Saturday morning game at the Borgata. The game is good, plenty of action players though no one is really splashing around.

MP limps, MP+1 limps, I limp with 33, two others limp behind, button raises, BB calls, everyone else calls.

Flop is K/8/3 rainbow, BB checks, MP bets, MP+1 calls, I just call and so does everyone else. Initial raiser now raises, MP and MP+1 call, do you pop it up here or go for the ck raise on the turn?

dark_horse 11-27-2007 12:18 AM

Re: Standard with a set? - Borgata 40/80

i like calling. then on the turn, depending on the card and your image, c/r or donk-3bet. having it checked through on the turn would be horrible.

dcb777 11-27-2007 12:47 AM

Raise right now, it is getting to be a big pot and people might peel lightly anyways. Forget about trying to keep people in, try and jam the pot now. Just calling is to FPS for me.

Kayber2 11-27-2007 02:21 AM

i would've just raised the flop. If the pfr has AK or AA he's not going anywhere and might 3 bet anyway. Let's build the pot now and tie some of these guys to the pot (thinking it's too big to fold).

Hobbs. 11-27-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just calling is to FPS for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

jk

OP, please raise the first time around, baby jebus cries everytime somebody slow plays a set in a multiway pot.

dcb777 11-27-2007 10:46 AM

OP, please raise the first time around, baby jebus cries everytime somebody slow plays a set in a multiway pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

- Lol I remember the old FPS Hobbs. I agree to raise the first time around. I am leaving for Commerce today and will call you to see if you will be around at all.

pohuist 11-27-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gadflier 11-30-2007 01:09 PM

If you agree (as I do) that set over set means you're going to lose the max every time, and so be it, then:

a) you should raise on the flop; and
b) since you didn't but have a redemptive chance to re-raise, do so now.

mongidig 11-30-2007 02:06 PM

If you know the button is aggressive and is likely to raise then I like your initial call but once it gets back to you raising is definately the play. People are just peeling here because the pot is big but they are likely to go away on the turn. Collect your bets now.

Typically raising right away is probably the correct play absent any reads.

bakku 11-30-2007 08:02 PM

having failed to raised the first time around (which is what i would do), i like just calling now and waiting for the turn to c/r the whole field. when you call/3-bet on the driest most drawless board ever it is so obvious that you have a huge hand that you're not going to get any more action. c/r the field on the turn and get an extra small bet out of everyone.