Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   10/Js do I bet the turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511538)

Bluegrassplayer 09-28-2007 08:05 PM

10/Js do I bet the turn?

Small blind is a very, very loose player. He has been busted twice tonight already, so he's in for $600 and might be playing differently than normal.

SB: $225
BB: $195
UTG: $365
UTG+1: $285
5 Seat: $155
6 Seat: $55
CO: $475
BTN (You): $695

Preflop: You are dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Table calls to you </font>, <font color="red"> You call</font>, <font color="red"> SB completes </font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($16) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Table checks to you, <font color="red"> You bet $15 </font>, SB calls, Everyone else folds.

Turn: ($46) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, You do what?

Is anything that I'm beating calling here if I bet out? I don't even know if two pair calls on this board. Despite how loose he his, the SB is capable of folding big hands. Folded kings earlier on a 10/J/Q board.

Vehement 09-28-2007 08:31 PM

Re: 10/Js do I bet the turn?

I would bet, I think you get value out of two pairs and royal flush draws...fold to a raise on turn though...just my 2cents

jack frost 09-28-2007 08:35 PM

Is this s real hh form a hand played or are you asking this hypothetically?

You should bet here for sure to make a club pay to draw and also you are being called by a bunch of hands if he is a bad player as you said. Also am I reading right in the pre flop that the whole table limped in up to you?
Your read seems really weird on this guy if he is a loose bad player he isn't folding kings on a 10-j-q board any time.

CalledDownLight 09-28-2007 08:37 PM

$42. I assume this is a home game? If so the guy is probably gonna chase any good club since he's stuck.

jack frost 09-28-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet, I think you get value out of two pairs and royal flush draws...fold to a raise on turn though...just my 2cents

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ folding to a raise. arrrrriiiiiiinnnnn if he raises too bad if he has it.

Bluegrassplayer 09-28-2007 09:01 PM

This happened at my home game last night. This was after about 4 hours of play. Not a hypothetical question. The player isn't bad, he's just loose. He's had two 1000+ wins this month, although there were some elements of luck involved. (all in on a gut shot and hitting for instance).

Also he managed to fold his kings earlier on the 10/J/Q board, to a set of tens.

Edit: yeah everyone called up to me, it was a strange hand, 3 people had pocket pairs preflop. Also I should add that we have a royal flush jackpot that we chip into at the end of the night, it was at $325

Albert Moulton 09-28-2007 10:18 PM

I'd bet 1/2 pot on the turn, and check behind on any river if checked to. I'd also call up to 1/2 pot or so on a non-club river if he leads.

If he check-raises for a lot on the turn, then I'd fold.

Bluegrassplayer 09-28-2007 10:32 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. I bet the turn again and another blank came up. I ended up betting the river as well, against my better judgement. I kept the bets much lower than suggested though, probably a big mistake.

Mike Kelley 09-28-2007 10:41 PM

So he called on the River?

Bluegrassplayer 09-28-2007 10:44 PM

I bet $30 on the turn making the pot $106 when he called and then bet $40 on the river thinking that if he had 2 pair he was calling that but not much else. He sighed and then said he should raise it but the way he was running he'd just call and showed a 10c 8c.