Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Official Thread on the Foxnews Republican Debate (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494574)

ZeroPointMachine 09-06-2007 02:53 AM

Re: Official Thread on the Foxnews Republican Debate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To not limit the total number of votes, since so many people block their cell phones. That may change after tonite though. A small count is better than a rigged one.

[/ QUOTE ]WTF are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies and gentlemen please gather round and watch as the amazing Copernicus pulls yet another incredible fact straight out of his ass.

Copernicus 09-06-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, paul is winning the text in vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

proof how meaningless those polls are

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the chances these txt polls could translate into an actual turn out for voting? And why is there no mention on Fox about the margin by which Ron Paul is winning "their poll"?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was. Hannity said it was frantic use of the redial button or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to call twice just to see if you could. I got a recording saying I had already voted.

But don't let the facts interfere with Fox News.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is easily circumvented by blocking your number. Just because RP is too backward to figure that out it doesnt mean all of his supporters are. Apparently it got past you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we take this one step further and conclude all the supporters for candidates besides Ron Paul are too backwards to figure things out? Finally we agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

a more reasonable conclusion would be that they arent fanatics who think its fun to distort a poll, so no, we dont agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspected that it might be a blocked number thing. But, if thats the case, why the hell would they take any votes from blocked numbers. Sure seems like an extremely easy thing to fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

To not limit the total number of votes, since so many people block their cell phones. That may change after tonite though. A small count is better than a rigged one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any proof that RP supporters were successfully circumventing the system by blocking their cell phones, but supporters of other candidates weren't, and that this is the reason for the poll result being what it is? If so, please provide it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Proof", obviously not. Perhaps you have a better explanation for why he leads in most text and internet polls and never breaks 10% in live polls.

nepenthe 09-06-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the chances these txt polls could translate into an actual turn out for voting? And why is there no mention on Fox about the margin by which Ron Paul is winning "their poll"?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was. Hannity said it was frantic use of the redial button or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to call twice just to see if you could. I got a recording saying I had already voted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is easily circumvented by blocking your number. Just because RP is too backward to figure that out it doesnt mean all of his supporters are. Apparently it got past you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we take this one step further and conclude all the supporters for candidates besides Ron Paul are too backwards to figure things out? Finally we agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

a more reasonable conclusion would be that they arent fanatics who think its fun to distort a poll, so no, we dont agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspected that it might be a blocked number thing. But, if thats the case, why the hell would they take any votes from blocked numbers. Sure seems like an extremely easy thing to fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any proof that RP supporters were successfully circumventing the system by blocking their cell phones, but supporters of other candidates weren't, and that this is the reason for the poll result being what it is? If so, please provide it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Proof", obviously not. Perhaps you have a better explanation for why he leads in most text and internet polls and never breaks 10% in live polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're just speculating then?

Borodog 09-06-2007 03:02 AM

South Dakota Straw Poll 9/3/2007 6 8 %
Maryland Straw Poll 9/3/2007 1 27.3%
Texas Straw Poll 9/1/2007 3 16.7 %
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania 8/26/2007 1 45.2 %
DeKalb County, Georgia Straw Poll 8/25/2007 1 24 %
HRCC (Minnesota) 8/22/2007 3 16.0%
Ronald Reagan Club (Washington) 8/21/2007 1 28.0%
West Alabama 8/18/2007 1 81.2%
Strafford County, NH 8/18/2007 1 72.2%
West Lafayette, Indiana 8/18/2007 4 11.7%
Illinois State Fair 8/17/2007 3 18.9%
Students for Life of America 8/16/2007 4 9.0%
Western Montana Fair 8/15/2007 6 4.0%
Gaston County, NC 8/14/2007 1 36.6%
Ames, Iowa 8/11/2007 5 9.1%
National Federation of Republican Assemblies (NFRA), St. Louis, MO
8/6/2007 3 14.0%
FreedomWorks Straw Poll 8/3/2007 1 56 %
Georgetown County, SC 7/28/2007 2 17.9%
New Hampshire Taxpayers 7/7/2007 1 65.3%
Cobb County, GA 7/4/2007 2 17.0%
California Republican Assembly 7/1/2007 4 12.0%
National Taxpayers Union 6/16/2007 2 16.7%

bills217 09-06-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Copernicus loves:

-Muslim-nuking <font color="red"> an outright lie </font>
-War on Drugs <font color="red"> "love" is hyperbole </font>
-War on anything really <font color="red">too stupid to comment on </font>
-Wire-tapping/Other Spying <font color="red"> in approrpiate circumstances </font>
-Federal Reserve <font color="red">with good reason </font>
-Abortion <font color="red">if you mean "pro choice", yes </font>
-Death Penalty <font color="red">not as currently administered </font>
-General Violence/Coercion <font color="red">move this to hate, since its precisely this kind of rhetorical language that makes this forum unreadable a good portion of the time </font>

Copernicus hates:

-Capitalism <font color="red">you couldnt be more wrong </font>
-Sound money <font color="red"> do you even know what "sound money" is? If so, you couldnt list this here </font>
-Bodily freedom (except abortion) <font color="red"> i have no clue what you are talking about </font>
-Valuing human life <font color="red"> i value it for what it is </font>
-Anything involving liberty/freedom <font color="red"> again, totally wrong </font>

Can this be a real account, or is borodog/pvn behind this trying to look as authoritarian as possible?

The terrorists don't actually hate us for our freedom - but Copernicus does!

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> no, I love it enough to defend it, not sit on my fat ass in my parent's basement doing nothing constructive </font>

And btw, you left out the most important "love". Representative democracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bodily freedom" would of course include the right to smoke a joint. Opposing this right necessarily prohibits you from using the "bodily freedom" argument re:abortion (even though it's an absurd argument that diverts the issue from the real point anyway).

How anyone can be so offended by someone smoking a joint in the privacy of their home, but be totally fine with killing an innocent child, be it through abortion or infanticide, is mind-boggling to me. (Supporting abortion means you necessarily support infanticide, since there is no scientific difference between a child 5 minutes before birth and 5 minutes after, and the burden on the mother is in fact many times greater after the child is born.)

LOL at simultaneously supporting the US Federal Reserve as it is currently constituted and also supporting sound money.

If you think you like capitalism, then you don't know what capitalism is.

And, of course I included your love for representative democracy:

[ QUOTE ]
loves:
-General Violence/Coercion

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/1...mocracynw9.jpg

Taso 09-06-2007 06:18 AM

Copernicus, I'm not really that big of a Ron Paul fan - hadn't heard of him until I saw his name in every thread at 2+2 but even I have to acknowledge that he did very well in the debate, and very well in the after-debate with Hannity. To say Hannity took him to school (or any such comment) is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Ineedaride2 09-06-2007 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"He says you should make the airlines responsible for the safety of their passengers and keep the government out. "

Idiotic

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You don't think airlines are capable of protecting their planes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they capable? Yes. Would they do it as effectively and as cost efficiently? No. Would most foreign airlines be as diligent without US requirements in order to land? Not a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet that the airlines are all for the government bearing the cost to provide the security. Any good business will externalize costs whenever possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they had those costs they would externalize them to the traveler, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

As does the government.

DrunkHamster 09-06-2007 08:29 AM

Is there any youtube up of the after-debate?

Kaj 09-06-2007 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...and weak on the war on drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, another war we're losing and spending billions on for the mere illusion of safety, when in fact, this war makes us less safe and less free. But failure is not an option (despite it being the only outcome), as some may say.

Kaj 09-06-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're just speculating then?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's flat out lying as Borodog's post proves.