Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Turboturd Turn Card (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555703)

BrassMonkey 11-27-2007 04:59 PM

Turboturd Turn Card

Don't know initial raiser. SB is a LAGgy sort. This turn card sucks the sack. Is it best to bet here and, if I do, what should I do if I'm raised?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?

Nick C 11-27-2007 06:12 PM

Re: Turboturd Turn Card

Aggravating spot. If we could trust your opponents to read your hand as the strong one you've been representing and one that you don't plan to bet-fold, then I think we could bet-fold with confidence. However, versus a LAG SB and an unknown Button, we can't rule out a raise (or checkraise) from, for instance, the naked Ah (flush draw/wheel draw/overcard) or a PP with a heart in it (which could also have straight potential), and there's even some chance someone will raise with less.

To me, it seems close between bet-calling, bet-folding, and check-calling. But I don't know which is best, and when I say I think it's close, well, that's just a guess.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 06:15 PM

I think I b/c if the button folds, b/f if he calls, b/c if SB folds and re-eval on river

taxxxman 11-27-2007 11:38 PM

I would bet out definately. I was really thinking about a c/c or a b/c but w/ the bttn and the SB still in and such sizable pot you really have to bet, you probably are still good. But if you get raised by bttn then i'm thinking possibly a fold. You showed such strength PF, and on the flop and then if he raises on the turn, unless completely aggro, that shows alot of strength.

this could be overs AQ/KQ is def in his range, or a flush or at best only Ah (if you are raised)

Spy Dog 11-28-2007 09:04 AM

Since I don't know what to do if I'm raised I would check the turn and fold if it goes bet-raise.

efficacy 11-28-2007 10:01 AM

I think this is a spot where you need to bet and worry about getting raised after it happens. The pot is too big to give anyone with a [censored] heart a free card. Also, I think a big part of both player's ranges is Ax.