Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Super Passivity FTW?!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505024)

loosbastard 09-20-2007 12:21 AM

Re: Super Passivity FTW?!!

[ QUOTE ]
nsd4eva is NoahSD. i think you played it really well. you probably get him to put you on a weak suited ace or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, didn't realize pot was 3-way.

Xanta 09-20-2007 12:21 AM

Creative line. Given your read I like it a lot. The reason that we don't usually slowplay is to get the money in, but it seems he's bent on doing it for you, so there's really no need to c/r flop or turn.

Fonkey123 09-20-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you ever have something like ATs here (and would he put you on such a hand)? Furthermore, would he value bet any Ace in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, def giving history of me being a huge station I think AT is at the top of my range tbh, so he'll valuetown anything >AT and possibly try to bluff me off AT a fair bit. I'm not saying he gets here that often with bluffs, but if he did a portion of the time he'd probably 3 barrel.

hotbacon 09-20-2007 12:23 AM

this mostly depends on how you play and how he does IMO.
i mean occasionally doing this on this board is cool, but i think it's WAY WAY WAY WAY better to do on a 762 flop where a good player like nsd4 will constantly be triple barreling with bluffs and thin value hands like JJ etc. once the turn and riv brings overs or w/e.
it's mostly about how it fits into your overall gameplan (balancing etc.) IMO... like i almos talways c/r or bet the flop, because I constantly bluff these flops too.
soooooo.... i think that this is OK, but it'd be muchhh better on a different board.

T-God 09-20-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nsd4eva is NoahSD. i think you played it really well. you probably get him to put you on a weak suited ace or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
So why is checking better? He's only v-betting strong aces, which he'll probably push over a blocker right? Any other hand that can't beat an ace will check behind with any showdown value vs. a guy who likes to call, but may try to bluff a weak bet.

nuggetz87 09-20-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, didn't realize pot was 3-way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i run about 24/19 and play Axs here multiway. fonkey is even looser.

loosbastard 09-20-2007 12:26 AM

You know, the flop over-bet is still confusing me a little bit. I didn't think much of it at first, but should we really be ignoring it? Villain is obv a very good player...what would he be over-betting this flop w/ and why? Any reads on MP?

Xanta 09-20-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's super good at hand reading and aggro as you say he is I'd prefer a fake blocker on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that Axs is most of our range here?
Kinda cool thought, haven't used one of those in a while.

keikiwai 09-20-2007 12:28 AM

i think you have to play in a manner that extracts from 1 pair hands

if he has 2 pair or better, the stacks are going in unless you fold

because, of this i would lead the river - i like T-god's idea

i have a feeling he may check behind some one pairs after 2 streets of value even if he views you as stationy

ofishstix 09-20-2007 12:28 AM

i played a similar hand here v noah where i c/c two streets and crai river. its a v good line in this spot vs this villain. otoh, a retarded bet like 54 or something wouldnt be too bad either...