Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Fixing the Main Event (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=456140)

timmay28 07-20-2007 02:04 PM

Fixing the Main Event

My proposal:

Form a committee of 20 or so people (2+2 forumers?) to construct a list of all of the well-known/semi-known players that have signed up to the main event. This list should include players that have had notable success in the past... no Shannon Elizabeths or Antonio Tarvers. Any borderline people where the committee has disagreements, flip a coin. Put those people into group A. The rest of the signups go into group B. Then have both groups battle it out amongst their own until there are 8 representatives from each. Once that occurs, have two 8 handed, mixed tables... call it the sweet 16 just to be catchy. Then when it's down to 9 players, go to the final table.

I think this would help make watching the main event much more interesting, and still allow nobodies a good shot of winning it too. Sure, the nobodies need to win the ME from time to time so the fish get optimistic, but the downside of them always winning is that it further enforces the stigma that poker is mainly luck and little skill, which is bad for legalization purposes.

Cornell Fiji 07-20-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Fixing the Main Event

This is honestly the worst post I have ever read.

TMTTR 07-20-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

rafiki 07-20-2007 02:09 PM

I'll 3rd that. Maybe the worst post I've ever read in this section.

Dranoel 07-20-2007 02:14 PM

It's Tiiiimmmmyyyyy!

/South Park Reference

timmay28 07-20-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ok, then hurt me and elaborate on why. You like the current structure where the final table will often be lucky to have one well-known, if that?

SossMan 07-20-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ok, then hurt me and elaborate on why. You like the current structure where the final table will often be lucky to have one well-known, if that?

[/ QUOTE ]

making FT's is part of becoming "well known"

Nez477 07-20-2007 02:19 PM

lidddlila, liddilaa, timmay

Gobboes?

liddilila

timmay28 07-20-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

making FT's is part of becoming "well known"

[/ QUOTE ]

this would allow that, and at the same time make the FT, as well as shark infested group A tables, much more interesting to watch on tv.

rafiki 07-20-2007 02:32 PM

Do you think that with 25 other tournies/shows already featuring all pro final tables, that you need this one to do the same ?

Do you not get how good it is for poker to have a 2 year noob win 8M ?

You must hate money, or not be very good at playing poker...