Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   DeucesCracked.com (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Why Limit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527795)

DeathDonkey 11-05-2007 08:42 AM

Re: Why Limit?

Thanks for trying to be diplomatic Joe, but I was wrong to say that. Half because its just unnecessary and unproductive - I was just wound up from the post and typing out a long response and got uncharacteristically (I hope) out of line. I apologize. And the other half is it lets him ignore all the valid points I made and focus on that part [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

an0nym0u5 11-05-2007 10:28 AM

There are limit bots out there that are crushing high stakes limit. The only bots out now for NL are shortstack bots for microlimits. To me, that says a lot about the game of limit compared to NL.

danzasmack 11-05-2007 12:50 PM

Why Limit?

Read this thread. Read it 15 times. See what it actually says. That's why limit.

And if you can't see what this thread actually says then who cares, because you won't win in the long run anyway.

*TT* 11-05-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are limit bots out there that are crushing high stakes limit. The only bots out now for NL are shortstack bots for microlimits. To me, that says a lot about the game of limit compared to NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are beating (not crushing) bad limit players heads up (there isnt a good full ring bot that is known about yet that plays high stakes games). Most good players can beat the bots, there are guys in this forum that actually hunt them down because they are easy pray.

back on topic - Why limit? Because if you ever want to become a good no limit player you need to play a lot of hands in a lot of tough situations, limit poker helps prepare you for that thought process. There are only a small handfull of great NL players who did not have a limit poker background first.Its a natural progression, in general you will only find the guys who rise to the cream of the crop as NL players (such as Aba) were limit players first.

danzasmack 11-05-2007 01:34 PM

TT wins 2p2 superlative "person i most want to be friends with based on avatar". bullitt ftw.

*TT* 11-05-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT wins 2p2 superlative "person i most want to be friends with based on avatar". bullitt ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve McQueen taught me how to be a real man, I think lots of 2+2'ers can learn some lessons by watching Bullitt, The Great Escape, Papillon, and The Thomas Crown Affair.

Joe Tall 11-05-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are these bots? What sites? Online-names? Where did you get this information?

What does it say about limit? Care to expand?

buzz_ly 11-05-2007 03:26 PM

it's more fun!

*TT* 11-05-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's more fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know thats a fantastic argument. Full ring Limit is an action game, full ring NL is a waiting game.

Joe Tall 11-05-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's more fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know thats a fantastic argument. Full ring Limit is an action game, full ring NL is a waiting game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is action junkie mania on the norm. Although the limit games online are back but I have to say, I love LA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]