Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   blind battle, auto stack off? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556243)

Requin 11-28-2007 09:17 AM

Re: blind battle, auto stack off?

Yeah I hate this spot. Honestly I usually bet/fold but feel sick when I do. I think someone good told me a while ago that that's bad, can't remember who but that haunts me to this day...

I guess some reasoning would hurt. I bet because I figure NFD and pair + oesd might call me. I fold because I expect worse hands (except maybe worse 2 pair) to be just calling, what with the showdown value and draw value. If you think they feel too shallow to just c/c, then bet/fold is bad obviously, but I usually assume they don't.

Darkfolder 11-28-2007 09:21 AM

Seriously, b/f this turn is terrible. Think about how often you fire this turncard with air, then you realize that you HAVE to call this c/r against any decent player.

SlowHabit 11-28-2007 03:05 PM

Every time I call here against a decent player, I end up going on tilt.

coldi 11-28-2007 03:13 PM

i check behind on the turn and try to catch a bluff on the river by a missed FD or top pair. this is the perfect card for him to bluff with so i wouldnt bet it unless i want to get checkraised...

willw9 11-28-2007 03:19 PM

Does villain ever turn a hand like JT into a bluff here? Would that be terrible at all?

Irish Mafia 11-28-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i check behind on the turn and try to catch a bluff on the river by a missed FD or top pair. this is the perfect card for him to bluff with so i wouldnt bet it unless i want to get checkraised...

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. Ur gonna check back 2 pair in a blinds battle on one of the drawiest boards of all time?

As played I think you have to call (but i wouldn't be happy). I think flopped straights play the hand this way - but so do big combo draws that think a) hero is full of [censored]; b) they have fold equity with such a "strong" line. I actually discount better two pair - b/c I think he would lead A-T type hands on the turn (as opposed to cr'ing ai). A turn CRAI w/ aces up is ALMOST a bluff given the board and OP's line (a line in which he continued to fire when the A hit). [I also discount sets - as I'd think he'd 3-bet any set on the flop].

You are going to get shown the nuts here quite a bit - but also combo draws. Given the size of the pot I think i'd call.

Irish Mafia 11-28-2007 04:05 PM

How long did he take to call the flop raise? What about the turn CR?

Also, I think turn bet-size is ok.

willw9 11-28-2007 04:07 PM

Good analysis JPT, but you really think he leads with aces up on the turn?

Irish Mafia 11-28-2007 04:15 PM

Well I don't know villain and maybe i'm waaaay off. But given how draw-heavy the bd is seems like a decent spot to re-take the lead w/ top 2, and charge OP to draw. I dunno. I guess A-T could be played like this against an aggro opponent (which OP seemingly is). No other two pair makes sense though (he wouldn't call flop w/ A-7/A-9, right?)

But he would probably take this line w/ hands like AJss, A8ss, 8sXs, QJss, AxXs. Its a very tricky and interesting spot - but I think i'd begrudgingly call.

ikestoys 11-28-2007 04:16 PM

if you start off with the assumption he folds A9 to the flop raise, then its a call because then his range is pretty much draws/A10

also his willingness to risk a free card on this board makes me think he's not huge (as in, no straights)