Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   insane tilt inducing hit n run session (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537855)

geormiet 11-03-2007 09:41 PM

insane tilt inducing hit n run session

People say I let hit n runs bother me too much. I feel like lately i've gotten better about it but today I just went insane.

Here is a breakdown of what happened.

I was sitting at 10/20 stars hu tables. Guy sits down, seems pretty fishy. Very passive, limpy on button, folds easily.

He wins $200, leaves. WHatever, I don't care.

He sits again about 3 mins later. Sweet, I think. He wins about $300 this time and then leaves. Now i'm pissed, I want to bust this guy.

He sits again. We play for a bit, i get up a little, he hits the nuts about 4 times and gets up about another 200. My internet craps out, and by the time it comes back he's gone. Now i'm steaming pretty good.

I open up 6 tables of hu tables waiting for this guy. Whenever someone else sits, I tell them to leave. Finally, 30 mins later this guy comes back. he wins another 200 and leaves. I'm past insanity at this point.

One more time, 5 mins later, $200 and he leaves.

I only have $190 at my table at this point. I'm waiting for like 15 minutes, and then he types in observer chat "reload and I'll play".

?????????????????????

Ok so I reload and he sits. He wins another $200, says "sorry, my tourney is starting" and is gone.

I need to break something really quick, and luckily there is a bunch of cardboard boxes in my room which are satisfying and not expensive to replace.

Not sure if i got the sequence exactly right, but in poker tracker its 61 bets in 195 hands.

dangerfish 11-03-2007 09:49 PM

Re: insane tilt inducing hit n run session

I have been there more times than I care to remember. HU can be so brutal.

milesdyson 11-03-2007 09:56 PM

i found the guy who owned you out macking the ladies with your monies

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3796/db7276mo.jpg

JDalla 11-03-2007 10:47 PM

haha I saw on you on like 5000 tables was wondering what was going on.

the hit n runs are standard though, I do them sometimes myself though not on the merits of "omg I won 10$", but rather I sometimes just play for like 5 minutes inbetween doing other things. I'm kind of ADD for a poker pro I suppose.

surfdoc 11-03-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to take a break from HU after getting beaten up by so many players that were absolutely awful. Just got really tired of the "sweet, I luckboxed my way to 15 bets and I suck so I better leave thingy."

mntbikr15 11-03-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit- Stars has HU games?

sweetjazz 11-04-2007 01:48 AM

Geormiet,

I can sympathize with you because I find myself get angry when bad players do things like hit 'n run, or more generally, end up with a decent amount of my money. I've noitced that since I started playing HU more frequently than ring games, I've started taking the game more personally. I get angry at the other player for giving me a sequence of beats and I irrationally want to get that player back.

The big question is -- did your anger affect your play? Or other aspects of your game, like game selection?

I know for me that it sometimes does and I consider this a big weakness of mine.

I think the thing to do is to try to put your session in perspective. Consider your lifetime of playing poker; how much affect has this frustrating session had on your overall results? Will their still be good games to play in tomorrow? Does it really matter that one player got really lucky against you and then sat out (several times)? Isn't that annoyance worth the fact that a lot of bad players are willing to play against you when you have an edge?

yourface 11-04-2007 02:06 AM

break something more substantial bro, like a keyboard or a mouse. maybe throw something heavy at walls for a bit

it feels better trust me

Tryptamean 11-04-2007 02:11 AM

lol, nothing like heads up LHE to induce some mind bending rage

Grisgra 11-04-2007 05:28 AM

Dude, just play better next time. Geez.