Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   I hate academia... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551771)

MattyMayor 11-21-2007 08:58 PM

I hate academia...

hey,

So recently i've become frustrated with academia. I'm a junior in college - yet i have found no academic 'passion' - nothing that makes me wnat to study it all the time/think about it. Most people are saying that I should get a job this summer at some real company, that it could lead to a job post college.

sadly, i still think my life's work should have some meaning or something - i dunno.

basically i'm already scared to be a senior and actually an adult. grad school sounds [censored], mundane normal america job looms in the distance.

begrudingly yours,
me

AWoodside 11-21-2007 10:38 PM

Re: I hate academia...

Do some lsd imo

bruin 11-21-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do some lsd imo

[/ QUOTE ]
qft

BTMegaCash 11-22-2007 12:26 AM

quit school play poker professionally

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-22-2007 12:53 AM

Drop out for a decade and wander around the world teaching English to rich people's kids for $80/hr.

EricW 11-22-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drop out for a decade and wander around the world learning martial arts from various martial arts masters. Then come back and dress up like a Bat to become a symbol against crime and injustice and to strike fear into those who pray upon the fearful

[/ QUOTE ]

rivermetimbers 11-22-2007 01:10 AM

the difference between me and you is that i am a senior and am beginning to completely freak out, not to mention that my major (biology) is not something i seriously enjoy studying and leaves me with very little options for my future (outside of grad school/ selling drugs/ actually becoming good at poker)

McFatSauce 11-22-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drop out for a decade and wander around the world learning martial arts from various martial arts masters. Then come back and dress up like a Bat to become a symbol against crime and injustice and to strike fear into those who pray upon the fearful

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice imo

Golden_Rhino 11-22-2007 04:12 AM

Stop plagiarizing and you might fall in love again.

btmagnetw 11-22-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ericw's first good post ever?