Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   400/800 badugi hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312002)

DeathDonkey 01-22-2007 08:54 AM

400/800 badugi hand

So this hand is sort of read-based but this is the type of thing nobody talks about in this game and if anyone has an opinion it might be useful to talk about...

Good player raises in the CO (wide range but not crap) I 3 bet the button with A27, the fish in the BB coldcalls, CO caps, we both call. He hasn't capped before and I suspect he will be pat, my image is a bit weak tight.

First draw: 2, pat, I take one and brick, he bets, we both call.

Second draw: 1, pat, 1, I promote to A25, how often are you raising here? I feel like this pot is worth fighting for and my assumptions are: if he breaks a hand my A25 will be good for sure (but it doesn't matter because the fish would never coldcall and call the river without a badugi). Can any smart math people guesstimate how good of a hand he needs to fold or break for my raise to be profitable?

-DeathDonkey

*TT* 01-22-2007 09:29 AM

Re: 400/800 badugi hand

All night long! Sing it Lionel Richie!

You got the button, I like. Your 8.6:1 against improving to an 8 or better and the pot is bigger than this so I like pushing the edge - at least you still have the opportunity to drop the card if the villain remains pat. Keep in mind you are also giving him the correct odds to correctly break when you raise.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2461Badugi 01-22-2007 03:35 PM

I don't much like it because the pot's so big. He pretty much has to call down with an unbreakable hand, and most pat badugis don't have reasonable redraws. Plus you have to call a threebet. The play gets a little better if you have to pay off the river if you miss.

bugstud 01-22-2007 07:33 PM

how much hand does he need to 3bet here?

I'd imagine that cuts into your margin here somewhat, but having not played badugi for any reasonable money I dunno how often something that's not folding reraises here.

DeathDonkey 01-22-2007 08:01 PM

This is what I'm asking bugstud and I think its a math question. What range does he need to fold and how does his reraising range change my mind to make the play +EV.

-DeathDonkey

Enon 01-22-2007 09:21 PM

Damn you play big!

Chris Daddy Cool 01-23-2007 04:24 AM

i dunno, people don't seem to like to break anything in badugi especially since it is so hard to make one and like someone else said, most badugis don't have any reasonable redraws and in a pot so big he is going to make that crying call a ton and sometimes he has a monster and will 3-bet you.