Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   **Official Greatest (NES) Game of All-Time Tournament - Round 2** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550001)

Gobias Ind. 11-19-2007 06:26 PM

**Official Greatest (NES) Game of All-Time Tournament - Round 2**

<u>Disclaimer</u>
1)Nath, I will gladly admit you know FAR more about NES games (and surely video games on the whole) than I do. You've had 3 days, x hours since hi-jacking my other bracket, and you have yet to post polls. Please step aside now and let this run it's course.

2)Yes, there were several mistakes in the bracketing process . Some due to the fact that I've never played the Final Fantasy games, or Ninja Gaiden, or a solid 20% of the games that made it in. Some just purely idiotic and unforgivable, ala misspelling Tecmo Bowl.

3)With admitting I haven't played several of the games included, this is the exact reason I browse the internet for Top NES Lists and go to Overall Sales. And like it or not, Top Sales is as close to a perfect indicator as you can have of overall interest in a game.

4)Tuq, I still hate your avatar but will address this none the less.
[ QUOTE ]
No. Gobias meant well but rather than take the consensus of a very zealous group went and formed his own brackets, which were destined to piss off a bunch of people. He should have started a nominations thread first and deferred to the consensus.
I think Gobias got a huge hard-on about the bracket idea and just ran with it in a very short period of time without taking a deep breath and consulting the other 150 people who posted in that thread much less you, who clearly exhibited the most in-depth knowledge and interest in NES titles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did had a hard-on and ran with it. I think running a nominations thread grasps the overall consensus best, and the thought did cross my mind. However, once you run a poll asking which games should be included, I feel a lot of the tourney's cache would've been lost. From the time I initially posted the Nintendo Tourney idea in this thread, to the time I posted brackets was a day &amp; 1/2. Not one PM, or true reply, was sent to me regarding anyone's input. It wasn't until I posted the brackets that Nath, was in an uproar.

5)Truth be told, I refuse to believe that the Elite Eight will stray too far from the norm, no matter what games got snubbed/were failed to be included (ala Baseball All-Stars). I think even w/ Nath's bracket, you're still going to have atleast 6 of the same final 8.

I've said my piece, on to Round 2.

VOTING WILL END WEDNESDAY AT 5:30 PM EST

Gobias Ind. 11-19-2007 06:34 PM

Re: **Official Greatest (NES) Game of All-Time Tournament - Round 2** *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gobias Ind.

Gobias Ind. 11-19-2007 06:39 PM

Re: **Official Greatest (NES) Game of All-Time Tournament - Round 2**

Hudson Soft Region

DonkeyKongSr 11-19-2007 06:40 PM

People actually voted Zelda II through? WTF? That game was garbage.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was up against the 3 Stooges. New question, how the [censored] did 3 Stooges ever make it into this thing?

Gobias Ind. 11-19-2007 06:43 PM

Re: **Official Greatest (NES) Game of All-Time Tournament - Round 2** *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gobias Ind.

traz 11-19-2007 06:44 PM

castlevania is in nintendo and capcom

Gobias Ind. 11-19-2007 06:49 PM

Konami Region

mbillie1 11-19-2007 06:49 PM

I think the real question is which NES game is the most now of all time