Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Quality of play in Omaha-events so far(WCOOP)? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503579)

plzbenice 09-18-2007 05:15 AM

Quality of play in Omaha-events so far(WCOOP)?

might pay the 530 so how has th e quality of play been so far in these events?

GSykes 09-18-2007 05:42 AM

Re: Quality of play in Omaha-events so far(WCOOP)?

its a [censored] donkament how tough can it be?

plzbenice 09-19-2007 10:47 AM

any other opinions?

if im gonna sit up for a possible 20h-session its gonna have to be valuetime.

twonine29 09-19-2007 11:05 AM

Aggressive preflop.

plzbenice 09-19-2007 11:22 AM

it is or u should be?

cobrakai111 09-19-2007 11:31 AM

Well Greg Raymer won and he's a WSOP champion, ergo you have to be a champion to have a shot.

twonine29 09-19-2007 02:09 PM

it is. however, i played the 215 6max, so that played a big role. but i was taken aback at all the raising and re-raising and getting it all in preflop with 40+BB. Decent equity hands like 4578ds v. AQTT v. J988 and the likes , but there was a fair share of players getting most of their stack in preflop with a gambling mentality.

Dunkman 09-19-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is. however, i played the 215 6max, so that played a big role. but i was taken aback at all the raising and re-raising and getting it all in preflop with 40+BB. Decent equity hands like 4578ds v. AQTT v. J988 and the likes , but there was a fair share of players getting most of their stack in preflop with a gambling mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, however you have to think about the fact that a lot of the field just aren't very experienced in omaha (and I'm being very generous with that statement) and for them their best shot is to get it in 40/60 or whatnot and hope for the best. I guess they get tired of losing pot after pot and just shove and pray, which is probably pretty close to optimal for most people in a $215 omaha tournament since they're going to get destroyed postflop.

Long story short, if you can play omaha at all I would think your EV in these things would be through the roof.

I will not be playing, since my omaha skill consists of usually being able to figure out how many outs I have before my time thing starts beeping.

McShove 09-19-2007 02:18 PM

i'm playing the h/l today and don't know how to play, so i think it should be pretty soft.

LearnedfromTV 09-19-2007 02:24 PM

If you are a competent poker player who has never played omaha but understand the rules and basic strategy, you have a slight edge.

If you are a competent omaha player, you have a solid edge.

If you are a good omaha player, you have a huge edge.

(It doesn't matter which form of omaha you're talking about. You can basically replace "omaha" with any non-nlhe game).