Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Finally, sense prevails in British 15 case. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371996)

NewTeaBag 04-04-2007 12:06 PM

Finally, sense prevails in British 15 case.

Iran has released the 15 captured sailors/marines.

BBC Report

This move is probably one of the smartest political moves Iran has made in awhile and removes a bit of the steam from the "Lets stone age Iran" crowd.

Case Closed 04-04-2007 02:51 PM

Re: Finally, sense prevails in British 15 case.

Awesomeness.

ojc02 04-04-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BBC Report

This move is probably one of the smartest political moves Iran has made in awhile and removes a bit of the steam from the "Lets stone age Iran" crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Ahmadinejad smiling and shaking the hand of each of the British soldiers with a horde of media surrounding them. The British soldiers were obviously smiling and pretending like nothing had happened - if I were them I would've done exactly the same thing: smile, nod, and back slowly away from the nut-case. I'll be very curious to hear their stories when they get back to England and they're safe again.

Incidently, could Iran have found a shorter President?? I wonder if he's the shortest head of state in the world... Anyone know?

lehighguy 04-04-2007 07:43 PM

I like how they managed to take time to degrade the female soldier too. Nice of em.

pokerbobo 04-05-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BBC Report

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Ahmadinejad smiling and shaking the hand of each of the British soldiers with a horde of media surrounding them. The British soldiers were obviously smiling and pretending like nothing had happened - if I were them I would've done exactly the same thing: smile, nod, and back slowly away from the nut-case. I'll be very curious to hear their stories when they get back to England and they're safe again.

Incidently, could Iran have found a shorter President?? I wonder if he's the shortest head of state in the world... Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have stuck my had in my ass crack before I shook ahmadineJihad's hand. Leave him a little stankpalm as a gift from me. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dan. 04-05-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have stuck my had in my ass crack before I shook ahmadineJihad's hand. Leave him a little stankpalm as a gift from me. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee you would not have.

latefordinner 04-05-2007 11:40 PM

From the outcome of this case it certainly appears that I would rather be arrested by the Iranians then sent to Gitmo or one of the even more shadowy CIA torture prisons currently in use around the world.