Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   777 OOP - Multi way (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556313)

Nemesis69 11-28-2007 11:30 AM

Re: 777 OOP - Multi way

Does anyone knows what hoerenjong means? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tweak 11-28-2007 11:36 AM

no idea!

Lego05 11-28-2007 11:38 AM

A hoerenjong the typographic term for the last line of a paragraph which placed a page or column. Aangezien de laatste regel van een alinea niet de gehele kolom- of paginabreedte in beslag neemt oogt het niet mooi, en een klassieke typografische conventie is dan ook om dit te voorkomen. As the last line of a paragraph is not the whole column or page width takes looks not good, and a classic typographical convention is to keep this from happening.

De Engelse term hiervoor is widow , een woord dat letterlijke weduwe betekent. The English term for this is widow, a word that literally means widow. Deze term komt thans ook voor in het Nederlands, maar dit is een leenbetekenis , daar de traditionele naam hoerenjong, of eufemistischer H-jong is. This term is now also in English, but this is a leenbetekenis because the traditional name hoerenjong or eufemistischer H-young.

JackOfPain 11-28-2007 11:40 AM

It's dutch for son of a b****.

Lego05 11-28-2007 11:40 AM

You probably meant the last one here though:

Hoerenjong (engineering), an extension for a heimachine

Hoerenjong (scheldwoord), a scheldwoord

Hoerenjong (thriller), a thriller by Peter de Zwaan

Hoerenjong (typography), a term in the typography

Gigolo or prostitute, a name for a young man in prostitution

Kasane 11-28-2007 01:04 PM

This is truly butchered. If you had bet the flop by donking/3betting, then you would've stacked someone most of the time. reraising after checking would be second choice. This is not a flop to slowplay oop.

Amazing that the one fellow called the flop with only bd flush. Watch him cause he's going to be your table donator.

DaveC101 11-28-2007 01:17 PM

Preflop was fine..I like the cold call on flop to be honest. You definitely had the best hand on the flop and theres a chance wayned would reraise hoerenjong, or even just call, giving us more money.

The turn really didn't seem to improve anyones hand. 45 is very unlikely for anyone, and i dont think anyone plays the flop that aggressively with a gutshot. However i think betting 12 is wayyy to low, under half pot is too weak. At this point everyone seems interested in going to a showdown, shove it all in.

Completely donkish of wayned to play the hand like this, bad luck for you, only line i didn't like was turn bet

infinity235 11-28-2007 01:18 PM

How can you misplay a hand like this? I go nuclear with any kind of set on almost any board... Push flop. Push turn.

DaveC101 11-28-2007 01:21 PM

okay actually just thought about it a little more. The flop is pretty drawy with the flush and 89 is a likely hand that could give an open ender...raising flop is the best idea. On a less drawy board, calling wins imo

Nick Royale 11-28-2007 01:28 PM

You need to bet more on the turn. Waaay more.