Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 08:20 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't feel like I should be the first to vote in this instance, but I don't see myself changing and I am impatient.

lock bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

:-(

Zurvan 04-13-2007 08:46 PM

lock bluff

If it's boiler, then way to not be wolfy for two days.

GetThere1Time 04-13-2007 08:47 PM

NIGHT NO POSTING UNTIL THE WRITE UP

GetThere1Time 04-13-2007 08:50 PM

Two guards grab BluffBlank and drag him in front of the priestess, forcing him to his knees and holding him tightly to the ground. Bluff struggles and begs for his life, pleading on the part of the dead queen of Eleria. Kel'Nedra unsheaths a large jeweled dagger.

"If you are Elerian, I pity you for your friends have forsaken you and your journey ends here."

One of the guards grabs BluffBlank's head and tilts it toward the sky. With one quick flick of her wrist, Kel'Nedra slices through the neck of BluffBlank. Black blood spills down over his tunic and he gasps one last unholy cry. Smoke rises from the wound as Bluff collapses on the floor. He was corrupted by an evil power. Kel'Nedra looks in your direction.

"Congratulations, adventurers. The Northlands will aid Eleria in crushing the Black Kingdom."

VILLAGE WINS

chuckleslovakian 04-13-2007 08:52 PM

Woot, I was going to have to go on life tilt if the corruptible won. Way to pull through team!

Zurvan 04-13-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woot, I was going to have to go on life tilt if the corruptible won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 08:54 PM

Whew, GG all. I'm glad we didn't screw up the awesome work the village did to this point.

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

lastchance 04-13-2007 08:56 PM

YES!

Past day 2, this game was utterly, completely village pwnage. Wolves were SO OUTPLAYED. Holla.

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 08:57 PM

Thank God.....I don't have to quit WW.

Good job guys!!

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YES!

Past day 2, this game was utterly, completely village pwnage. Wolves were SO OUTPLAYED. Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

NINE evils lynched and bagged, hola!

fnord_too 04-13-2007 08:58 PM

Sweet! I don't think there were any critical blunders in the end game, which is good because I would have had a stroke if the game was won or lost on a crucial tactical error. I thought zurvan was the most obvious villager in the world at the end. That left bluff in a really tough spot with two power roles to have to worry about, too.

lastchance 04-13-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YES!

[/ QUOTE ]

NINE evils lynched and bagged, hola!

[/ QUOTE ]
SHIP IT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

chim17 04-13-2007 08:59 PM

Nice, I pegged Traz like 6 hours in.

lastchance 04-13-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet! I don't think there were any critical blunders in the end game, which is good because I would have had a stroke if the game was won or lost on a crucial tactical error. I thought zurvan was the most obvious villager in the world at the end. That left bluff in a really tough spot with two power roles to have to worry about, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell yeah. It kinda helps that we didn't lynch a villager like ever between day 2 and like the end of the game.

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 09:00 PM

In all fairness to Bluff, it can't be a lot of fun to be a villager all game, help lynch all the evils...and get stuck being evil the last 2 days. I thought he gave it a real good effort today.

lastchance 04-13-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all fairness to Bluff, it can't be a lot of fun to be a villager all game, help lynch all the evils...and get stuck being evil the last 2 days. I thought he gave it a real good effort today.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, convertibles suck.

fnord_too 04-13-2007 09:01 PM

Also, this game was pretty incredible. I cannot imagine the effort that went into building it.

lastchance 04-13-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this game was pretty incredible. I cannot imagine the effort that went into building it.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Genius modding from VR and gt1.

I am so in for CYOA 2.

VoraciousReader 04-13-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell yeah. It kinda helps that we didn't lynch a villager like ever between day 2 and like the end of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Village played really really well.
2. There is the small matter of your priest.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thank you So Much for playing everyone! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 09:03 PM

I am pretty sure Jeremy got a real "peek" on Traz the day before we lynched him. I wanted to vote with him for Traz, but I knew the villager would never go for it. When Jeremy went after him the next day, I was pretty sure of it.

I actually had a power I never used - which was to take over someone's vote. I was going to use it that day to lynch Traz, but theBram came in at the end and voted him also - so I never needed to use it.

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 09:04 PM

Thanks for modding VR and GT. Must have been a hell of a lot of work. And I think I went down every wrong road there was..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

lastchance 04-13-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. There is the small matter of your priest.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't part of that. I was part of the we're going to lynch 2 straight wolves in vortex and have another one out herself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My reads weren't that great this game, but when you get multiple wolves to out themselves to you, it's really, really cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 09:07 PM

sorry evils :-(

I did my best

gg all, this was awesome

FCBLComish 04-13-2007 09:08 PM

Great game VILLAGE!!! Excellent job GT1T and VR. This was a lot of fun!

Sorry I was having so much trouble proving I was village. I knew it, I just couldn't make y'all believe it.

Traz hit my weakness again, he put me as 100% village, and I ended up overtrusting him. I have to remember not to do that anymore. Soah pwn3d me the same way once.

Thanks GT1T!!!

Thanks VR!!!!!

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++

When is episode 2 coming out???

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

:-(

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but it would've been just as sweet to win it for the evils as the convertible. I just couldn't convince either one to not vote me. Although I did night kill both power roles :-D

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 09:09 PM

also, i must have had +2 in EVERY single power i could. I never got a power :-(

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 09:10 PM

Mad props to the mods for this game. Probably the most intensive modding job ever, and really added a lot of flavor to the game. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] GT/VR

I feel for bluff also and I was glad not to be converted. Lots of obvious villagers at the end and a tough spot. Good job nailing both power villagers and not falling for my foolishness.

Jeremy517 04-13-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure Jeremy got a real "peek" on Traz the day before we lynched him. I wanted to vote with him for Traz, but I knew the villager would never go for it. When Jeremy went after him the next day, I was pretty sure of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I just thought that mark was villager. I should have vocalized my reasoning more probably, but I don't think it would have mattered because he wasn't going to be lynched that day. The convertible-hunt night kills were very traz-esque. I didn't think there was any way Mark would do that. Plus after the first time Mark was almost-lynched, I thought he was almost assuredly village.

My peeks were:
n2 - Bluff
n5 - Books
n8 - fmxda

Thebram and I both peeked Books on n5. Me peeking fmxda on night eight was the only wolf that was peeked, other than the godfather. Thebram hit all villagers with every single one of his peeks.

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i must have had +2 in EVERY single power i could. I never got a power :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to see who got what. I had 2 double votes I never got to use. I don't think I ever got +2 in anything. A few +1's that never did anything though.

Jeremy517 04-13-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel for bluff also and I was glad not to be converted. Lots of obvious villagers at the end and a tough spot. Good job nailing both power villagers and not falling for my foolishness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it standard for convertible villagers to be able to be converted that late in the game? It seems really unfair to the village to have them be converted and have it immediately be must-lynch.

(I'm not complaining though. After the Neil fiasco, we were gifted a make-up seer. Under the circumstances, it could have been a lot worse).

GetThere1Time 04-13-2007 09:15 PM

There were a few unused vote advantages and a few unused random masonries. Beyond that, a lot of villagers were pretty spread out or on the verge of a power.

Jeremy517 04-13-2007 09:17 PM

Very good game, btw. Thanks for modding, gt1t and VR.

sighing 04-13-2007 09:22 PM

Good game, mods.

I've found that any game with lots of powers tends to lean village, but it's hard to balance that out.

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 09:24 PM

Wow, Jeremy, I was sure that you had a "real" peek, but couldn't say so....that was why you just voted and disappeared.

I have to ask everyone, after theBran came out as the bard, did people really believe him? I was amazed, because it was (to me) very obvious that he was the seer and I was the bard. I never came out because I figured everyone knew and if they didn't I could always prove it.

If you look at the night we almost lynched theBram, I am voting him when he says "KM don't change your tune on me now". I think "oh, crap" and change my vote. While I am doing that he says "KM should know, I am the bard.....".

The only way I can know he is the bard is if I peeked him as the seer. But if I am the seer and peeked him...how would HE know it? The only way this works is if he is the seer and peeked me as the bard. I was sure theBram would be dead the next day. And then he just kept showing up every morning...

durron597 04-13-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woot, I was going to have to go on life tilt if the corruptible won. Way to pull through team!

[/ QUOTE ]

lastchance 04-13-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good game, mods.

I've found that any game with lots of powers tends to lean village, but it's hard to balance that out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm.. Yeah. I don't really think that really happened this game. I think "evils got owned" happened.

durron597 04-13-2007 09:26 PM

GREAT JOB GETTHERE1TIME AND VORACIOUSREADER

A lot of you have no idea how hard they worked on this game, but I would have to say that this is arguably the most difficult game run on pog yet.

THANK YOU GUYS

Jeremy517 04-13-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to ask everyone, after theBran came out as the bard, did people really believe him? I was amazed, because it was (to me) very obvious that he was the seer and I was the bard. I never came out because I figured everyone knew and if they didn't I could always prove it.

If you look at the night we almost lynched theBram, I am voting him when he says "KM don't change your tune on me now". I think "oh, crap" and change my vote. While I am doing that he says "KM should know, I am the bard.....".

The only way I can know he is the bard is if I peeked him as the seer. But if I am the seer and peeked him...how would HE know it? The only way this works is if he is the seer and peeked me as the bard. I was sure theBram would be dead the next day. And then he just kept showing up every morning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I couldn't believe that this wasn't picked up on. I thought thebram was a goner for sure, especially after the "KM should know".

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good game, mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought the game favored the evils, as we lost a villager with the Neil fiasco and they gained a corruptible.

Ultimately, I have decided that I <u>always</u> think whatever side I am not on is favored. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]