Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Hevad Kahn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511936)

Salmo Trutta 09-29-2007 02:28 PM

Hevad Kahn

Is this guy the biggest jerk in poker or what? Those stupid celebrations of his when he busts somebody look like he's having an epileptic seizure. It's kind of like the old football saying, when you get to the end zone act like you've been there before.

I just saw the hand where he busted Humberto Brenes out of the Main Event. Until then, I thought that Humberto was the most classless POS in poker because of the way he acts when he busts somebody, but the way Kahn acted made Humberto look like a perfect gentleman.

tufat23 09-29-2007 02:49 PM

Re: Hevad Kahn

i met him the other day and thought he was actually a pretty cool guy

AggroFish 09-29-2007 03:49 PM

Both are now team pokerstars, coincidence?

He may be a nice guy in person, I wouldnt know, but his tv persona is that of a douche.

Veecee 09-29-2007 03:59 PM

I wouldn't call Humberto classless, just an annoying idiot playing to the cameras.

Kahn is pretty much the same, I think he was legitimately having fun. Although he was a douche when he flopped quads, he handled a situation with class - when the guy did the "reeling in the fish" motion to him. I probably would have flipped there.

NL Rounder 09-29-2007 04:04 PM

He's guest commenting on the EPT London final table webcast now and sounds like a perfectly rational human being.

They're answering emails and I wish he would address his behavior in the WSOP, which I agree was despicable.

ronitonline 09-29-2007 04:19 PM

tufat, who cares how he is in real life? His TV persona is absurd and annoying. If I was at the table with him, I woulda been like hey [censored] shut the [censored] up before I make you, this is poker not the special olympics, now shut the [censored] up.

Ted_Thompson 09-29-2007 04:30 PM

Khan is a douche. No doubt about it.

xenthebrain 09-29-2007 04:48 PM

I dont mind people celebrating, but pointing all the attetion to oneself when you just busted someone (famous) is just a dick move.

kleath 09-29-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tufat, who cares how he is in real life? His TV persona is absurd and annoying. If I was at the table with him, I woulda been like hey [censored] shut the [censored] up before I make you, this is poker not the special olympics, now shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't have.

Imrahil 09-29-2007 05:11 PM

He seems nice but he's such a retard at the table. It's just annoying as hell.

Hollywade 09-29-2007 05:24 PM

My impression of Khan is that he is probably a pretty funny and entertaining guy to be around. He does act like a douche on TV. I would not say he acts like a jerk, however.

Hollywade 09-29-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he handled a situation with class - when the guy did the "reeling in the fish" motion to him. I probably would have flipped there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kahn definitely handled this better than I would have. I probably would have been a complete dick about it and:

A) made some reference about the size of our chip stacks (in other words, SCOREBOARD)
B) made a completely inappropriate comment about the jackass fisherman being deaf/dumb/retarded

Khan applauded the guy for his play and even laughed at the fisherman shtick. Classy move.

coltranedog 09-29-2007 05:33 PM

Yes, because obviously Hevad handles himself with such a high level of decorum and class. The reeling in the fish motion was completely uncalled for. I can't believe the guy had the nerve to make that motion when up to that point Hevad been the epitome of sportsmanlike behavior.

suzzer99 09-29-2007 05:42 PM

He got himself noticed. Now he can backtrack and be cool and live the life of a minor poker celeb.

Hollywade 09-29-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because obviously Hevad handles himself with such a high level of decorum and class. The reeling in the fish motion was completely uncalled for. I can't believe the guy had the nerve to make that motion when up to that point Hevad been the epitome of sportsmanlike behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the poker world doesn't devolve into people trying to retaliate against each other by acting like douchebags.

ronitonline 09-29-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't I have? Lets see what assumptions you'll come up with, the first one probably being that I'm a skinny nerd just talking e-trash, right?

Ted_Thompson 09-29-2007 07:07 PM

I would have said: "Be normal when you win a pot. Be normal next time, ok? Just be normal."

ronitonline 09-29-2007 07:13 PM

The thing is, you would have heard about him before you sat with him MOST LIKELY, if I was one of the first people I woulda just said "calm down" but if it was like day 3 and I heard about him and heard him across the room and then sat with him I woulda been like dude just shut the [censored] up you're so annoying.

Veecee 09-29-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have said: "Be normal when you win a pot. Be normal next time, ok? Just be normal."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

09-30-2007 01:03 AM

I sorta like the guy.

M4TT 09-30-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone did call him on all his antics though if I recall correctly... In fact saying pretty much what you just did.

Was funny, Hevad reacted like a child who had just been told off, his head kind of dropped and he went all silent [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bwiii 09-30-2007 03:50 AM

Do you think he acts like that when playing 43 SNG's at a time? It was for the camera. Unless he has that energy all the time. In that case I'll take some Red Bull DOZER!!

Triggerle 09-30-2007 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't I have? Lets see what assumptions you'll come up with, the first one probably being that I'm a skinny nerd just talking e-trash, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the Hevad Kahn of this thread.

W brad 09-30-2007 06:26 AM

I hope this guy gets busted out soon like all the other "temporary" chip leaders. I'd hate to see him make it to the final table.

Jzo19 09-30-2007 06:41 AM

RaInKhan is awesome , dont know y every1 is hating...

ahh this clip always makes me laugh

RainKhan is good at basketball

M4TT 09-30-2007 07:29 AM

His "That's how we do it one time!!" delivery always makes me smile... much like anything it's kind of funny at first but can soon get annoying.

automat 09-30-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone did call him on all his antics though if I recall correctly... In fact saying pretty much what you just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and somebody writes down those exact words in a poker forum once this very episode has been aired. what a coincidence ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i listed to the ept stream with him as well and i couldnīt believe that fkn monkey at the wsop and the commentator were the same person. seems like heīs very rational in what he does so a lot of his behaviour may have been staged in order to get a lot of tv time and endorsements.

Hotel Detect 09-30-2007 08:00 AM

Hevad is hilarious in my book and I hate the typical poker douchebags profiled by ESPN. Joe stillman (fat bullets jersey guy) for example tilts the crap out of me. For some reason tho, I have to say that Hevad's schtick is over the top and hilarious...

I thought he came off as a total d-bag When i watched him on the ppv coverage but somehow he seems way less annoying on the regular main event coverage, so much so that my opinion of him has shifted 180 degrees.

Mantis Ant 09-30-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RainKhan is good at basketball

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wtf

I think whatever he wants to do is fine, except being a dick when he knocks someone out.

GSykes 09-30-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... and somebody writes down those exact words in a poker forum once this very episode has been aired. what a coincidence ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i listed to the ept stream with him as well and i couldnīt believe that fkn monkey at the wsop and the commentator were the same person. seems like heīs very rational in what he does so a lot of his behavior may have been staged in order to get a lot of tv time and endorsements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow do you believe a human being would seek attention on TV to maybe get some sponsorship deals down the road. Who would of thought that he is actually a pretty cool guy and isn't an actually "BULLLLDOZZZER!!!!!!".

Jesus christ the TV forum makes me laugh.

Ted_Thompson 09-30-2007 12:45 PM

in the You Tube video of Khan playing 26 SNGs, Khan is about 30-40 pounds lighter. Do I spot a bad trend here? Will he be 320 lbs by 2009?

JustCuz 09-30-2007 01:39 PM

We shouldn't attack the guy and say he's an idiot, even if it he is an idiot...

...I'll just say that Hevad Kahn makes me feel very good about myself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bonified 09-30-2007 04:05 PM

That's funny, I (am pretty sure I) saw him in the Vic yesterday and I thought he had lost a lot of weight since the WSOP final. I know the camera puts a few pounds on, but not that many.

kleath 09-30-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people who say "I would've told him to shut the [censored] up before I make you" VERY rarely actually do it in said situation plus Hevad is almost certainly bigger than you. Believe what you want but based on what you said theres a less than .1% chance you'd actually do it if you were in that situation.

popesc 09-30-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wish the poker world hadn't devolved into people trying to retaliate against each other by acting like douchebags.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ronitonline 09-30-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because people who say "I would've told him to shut the [censored] up before I make you" VERY rarely actually do it in said situation plus Hevad is almost certainly bigger than you. Believe what you want but based on what you said theres a less than .1% chance you'd actually do it if you were in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a joke? Are you having fun trying to start an argument with me? I don't care what words I would have picked but I wouldn't be nice. I don't care if he weights 100lbs more then me, he is overweight out of shape and probably couldn't throw a punch without pulling a muscle. I go to the gym 6 times a week and have been playing sports my entire life, I am not saying I am fight master 2007, but someone like Hevad Kahn is definitely not going to be intimidating in that kind of way. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum that could beat my ass, but Hevad Kahn isn't one of them.

I'm done arguing with you though but feel-free to repsond once more.

PLO8FaceKilla 09-30-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a joke? Are you having fun trying to start an argument with me? I don't care what words I would have picked but I wouldn't be nice. I don't care if he weights 100lbs more then me, he is overweight out of shape and probably couldn't throw a punch without pulling a muscle. I go to the gym 6 times a week and have been playing sports my entire life, I am not saying I am fight master 2007, but someone like Hevad Kahn is definitely not going to be intimidating in that kind of way. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum that could beat my ass, but Hevad Kahn isn't one of them.

I'm done arguing with you though but feel-free to repsond once more.

[/ QUOTE ]

well at least now they don't have to hold the "Official Internet Toughguy of the Year 2007" Contest.

At least we got that out of the way, congratulations.

ronitonline 09-30-2007 09:49 PM

I was never trying to act like a tough-guy, just pointing out that I would have said something, and I guess a few people took it as I was saying I can fight in UFC and I woulda pounded him to the ground and that I am buffer then Michael Pittman and Lebron James combined. But I guess if people want to see it that way then they will.

antipeon 09-30-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was never trying to act like a tough-guy, just pointing out that I would have said something, and I guess a few people took it as I was saying I can fight in UFC and I woulda pounded him to the ground and that I am buffer then Michael Pittman and Lebron James combined. But I guess if people want to see it that way then they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah because you wanted people to see it that way. and stop saying you'd do it, doing it wouldn't be cool either. that's the point.

anyway if anyone deserved those anticts it was humberto, he acts like a complete moron every time he knockes someone out, at least on tv. if i'd get knocked out by him screaming "HUMBERTO" waving his shark i'd probably call 'ronitonline' to kick his ass for me.

Salmo Trutta 09-30-2007 11:51 PM

LOL at internet badazzes.