Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   A5s in blind battle. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523052)

g-p 10-15-2007 12:17 AM

Re: A5s in blind battle.

"raising so few hands lets me limp with an extremely wide range"

thats also assuming you know something about the villian (or they know something about you), against an unknown id always raise

baltostar 10-15-2007 12:20 AM

Limping is fine, but on pairing a 5 (bottom 1/3 of rank range) you need to bet that flop. Free card here is a clear mistake. Plus you're pushing the boundary of reasonable expectation for this hand -- asking for trouble.

Ansky 10-15-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping is fine, but on pairing a 5 (bottom 1/3 of rank range) you need to bet that flop. Free card here is a clear mistake. Plus you're pushing the boundary of reasonable expectation for this hand -- asking for trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the "boundary of reasonable expectation for this hand" ???

betgo 10-15-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"raising so few hands lets me limp with an extremely wide range"

thats also assuming you know something about the villian (or they know something about you), against an unknown id always raise

[/ QUOTE ]
In general, I like to open raise often from the SB. Here, I like the complete better for the reasons I mentioned. If villain raises, you can push, call, or fold. In a limped pot, our hand has deception, and we can often get paid off if an ace hits. If you raise, you are not happy unless villain folds.

Incidently, open pushing is cEV+ here, and avoids playing a hand OOP, but I am sure gobbo thinks he has a skill advantage and can get the most EV by playing a limped pot.

Pudge714 10-15-2007 12:45 AM

One thing I love about limping here is guys will look you up and play back at you so much when you flop TP because NOBODDY LIMPS ACES.
There is value in betting this river, but I might prefer to c/c and get straight draws or clubs to bet. He also might check back sevens because people can't vbet.

EC10 10-15-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its, like, this boundary.........and it bounds reasonable expectations in

NoahSD 10-15-2007 01:40 AM

I like preflop, flop, and turn. River is a small bet, like 5k, cause he's almost never got you beat and he's almost always checking back.

apestyles 10-15-2007 01:51 AM

bet bet bet river... even a bigger bet than 6k is fine vs. a thinking player/calling station like myself.

g-p 10-15-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its, like, this boundary.........and it bounds reasonable expectations in

[/ QUOTE ]
ahhhhhhh i see what u did there

JSchnett 10-15-2007 02:54 AM

I feel like he is betting too many of his weaker 5s on the flop to bet the river.