Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Do mods ever get temp-banned? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505503)

BluffTHIS! 09-20-2007 03:51 PM

Do mods ever get temp-banned?

I am curious as to how the admins and other mods deal with transgressions of the T&C by a mod. Take for example some offense that for a first time violation normally results in something like a 3 day ban for a poster. But what if a mod does it? Does he/she get temp-banned ever? Or do all the greenies get a pass from their fellow greens and the reds unless the transgression is so bad as to warrant a perma-ban? And if greenies do get a get out of jail free card, do they have an endless supply of such cards for small and medium offenses?

stabn 09-20-2007 03:54 PM

Re: Do mods ever get temp-banned?

I think this thread has run its course.

BluffTHIS! 09-20-2007 03:56 PM

cabn,

No one cares what you "think". I mean except for tug.

DING-DONG YO 09-20-2007 03:56 PM

FLUFFTHIS!!!! BITCHES!

niss 09-20-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cabn,

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not funny when you do it.

Come to think of it, very little is.

kkcountry 09-20-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cabn,

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not funny when you do it.

Come to think of it, very little is.

[/ QUOTE ]

piss,

but this ^ is hilarious, amirite?

holdme 09-20-2007 04:04 PM

i can ban mods but im a rogue admin

iron81 09-20-2007 04:05 PM

I can't recall a mod ever being temp banned. The software does not allow mods to ban other mods, so it would have to come from an admin. Posts made by moderators are sometimes locked or deleted, but generally, a mod will be degreened as an intermediate step before they are ever banned.

BluffTHIS! 09-20-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't recall a mod ever being temp banned. The software does not allow mods to ban other mods, so it would have to come from an admin. Posts made by moderators are sometimes locked or deleted, but generally, a mod will be degreened as an intermediate step before they are ever banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I too have certainly seen the mods of various forums edit or delete the posts of other mods who aren't co-mods of that forum. But it seems to me that a temp-ban is a far lesser intermediate step than de-greening. So the question then I guess is do mods merely edit/delete offensive posts by other mods, or do they also ever refer them to the reds? And do the reds ever temp-ban a mod without informing the other mods?

Suigin406 09-20-2007 04:10 PM

question, i've been banned before for drunken posting in oot, dumb stuff on my part...

what if a mod did this?? temp banned or post just deleted or what??