Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   A-high OOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553990)

xerber 11-25-2007 07:39 AM

A-high OOP

SB is loose pre, fits or folds flops in raised pots

CO is unknown

I guess the flop is not even a c-bet? As played, are there enough draws in his range to take this turn/river line?

I have the feeling this was bad, but you will hopefully tell me.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls

Results:
Final pot: 6.5BB

Nick C 11-25-2007 08:43 AM

Re: A-high OOP

I'm not seeing any good line. It's just a crappy-as-hell board for your hand.

I probably check-call one on the flop and check-fold the turn. But with a loose SB in the hand and an unknown CO who may now dump 66 or whatnot, or may have open-limped garbage or a junky speculative hand like 53s, betting the flop can't be too bad, just to try to take it down immediately.

aargh57 11-25-2007 01:02 PM

I definitely c-bet the flop here. I know that on this flop you won't hardly ever get both to fold but I hate c/cing here with a decent draw. I think I play the rest the same but I'm thinking that the river is questionable. Vs an unknown like this what can he be limping pf that he's calling the flop with that you beat? Maybe Ax hands or 76 but apart from that you're mostly toast. I know I can't help myself from calling though.

FlopYouDead 11-25-2007 11:02 PM

It's 2/4; he can have any of a number of gutshot/overcard draws. He has to do more than call to get a fold when all that come off are blanks.

SuperUberBob 11-26-2007 01:42 PM

This is a leak on my part, but I c-bet the flop and check/fold later on unless I improve.

I just can't see what hands ace high will beat on this board at the river. I think the jig is up at that point.

lippy 11-26-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a leak on my part, but I c-bet the flop and check/fold later on unless I improve.

I just can't see what hands ace high will beat on this board at the river. I think the jig is up at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any 9dXd, JdXd, 97, some peel that makes a diamond redraw. Some random stuff.

I think this river call is borderline, but I usually make it.

I certainly think c-betting the turn on this board is +EV as people love peeling w/ gutshots.