Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Paul B (8:06:55 PM): Official STTF December Thread: General Discussion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558336)

kleath 12-02-2007 03:09 AM

Re: tourny leader board freerol ftw!!

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say it would change lives, just said it was interesting. Obv you still have to assess documentaries that claim to know the truth with extreme skepticism.

AD - would you be making a shear volume bet or a certain amount won?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Mind Blowing" implies more than "interesting", and that was more a general comment on the hundreds of other people ive seen rave blindly about it that clearly didnt really have a clue what they were talking about.

AD- normally id say thats too much of your roll to bet but thats free money(If I understand the bet correctly and you just have to play more than 400 games) so BEEEETTT ITTTT

vers 12-02-2007 03:12 AM

I don't think mind blowing necessarily connotes acceptance. Anyways, I found some of their alleged evidence pretty interesting and that it is making me think more critically about mass media, etc. I don't really want to argue as I am known to.

AD - if it's shear volume I'd do it in a heartbeat. How many do you need to play?

ADLinden 12-02-2007 03:19 AM

kleath and vers.....We are trying to figure out what would be a fair amount of games for me to play. I have never played more than 350-400, but I have never tried to put in a lot of volume. Also, it's not like he's making this bet to make money ($500 means waaaaay more to me than it does to him), if that makes sense, like a motivator I guess.

What do you guys think I should put the number of games at roughly?

kleath 12-02-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think mind blowing necessarily connotes acceptance. Anyways, I found some of their alleged evidence pretty interesting and that it is making me think more critically about mass media, etc. I don't really want to argue as I am known to I'm sure.

AD - if it's shear volume I'd do it in a heartbeat. How many do you need to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant figure out what that last sentence means but its all good, I interpreted your first post a different way than was intended and it lead me into an unrelated to you short rant, and with that Im about to spark up, one love [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kleath 12-02-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kleath and vers.....We are trying to figure out what would be a fair amount of games for me to play. I have never played more than 350-400, but I have never tried to put in a lot of volume. Also, it's not like he's making this bet to make money (500 means waaaaay more to me than it does to him), if that makes sense, like a motivator I guess.

What do you guys think I should put the number of games at roughly?

[/ QUOTE ]

like 800 I think is a decent line.

vers 12-02-2007 03:23 AM

Kleath, the I don't really want to argue one? I meant that I've gone on huge rants b4 about non-poker stuff like politics and also the blackize/vers debacle.

Adlinden - if you have the whole month off basically and are 9 tabling continuously, you can play about 100 a day over 6 hrs. If you are capable of doing that day in day out, you could do like 2000 for sure (taking xmas/boxing day and other days off). If you've never played more than 400 or so, 1000 seems pretty daunting I guess.

kleath 12-02-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kleath, the I don't really want to argue one? I meant that I've gone on huge rants b4 about non-poker stuff like politics and also the blackize/vers debacle.

[/ QUOTE ]
The
"as I am known to I'm sure."

I read it like 5 times and cant figure out what its supposed to be.

EDIT: Ah nm I get it now

clearly molding the apple pipe stole my focus away from reading comprehension

vers 12-02-2007 03:30 AM

I think I should've used a comma after "as I am known to."

ADLinden 12-02-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Adlinden - if you have the whole month off basically and are 9 tabling continuously, you can play about 100 a day over 6 hrs. If you are capable of doing that day in day out, you could do like 2000 for sure (taking xmas/boxing day and other days off). If you've never played more than 400 or so, 1000 seems pretty daunting I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea a 1000 games just seems like such a step I need to get over at some point. I dunno I might try to get like 800 or something to be the line.

If I had no money on it I don't know how I could get myself to play a lot. I always tell my self I could easily have a 5 figure BR if I actually played instead of just studying SNGs. (which I almost do too much.)

vers 12-02-2007 03:36 AM

Unless you start running horribly and blow your roll, this bet for 800 would be a cinch. I wish people offered me bets like this on playing 2000 in a month. Doing stuff like this and trying to win leaderboards are great motivators. If you're going to put in large volume, I would suggest moving to FTP and making a leaderboard run to add more incentive/more money when you play lots.