Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   how many outs do i have? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=167829)

avidlearner 07-22-2006 01:49 AM

how many outs do i have?

button is a fish. loose passive etc....

SB is probably closest to a LAG than anything else. has some poker ability but still plays too many hands.

1 call, button calls, Sb calls, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB, call call

4 for 4 BB's

2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Sb leads, I raise, limper folds, button calls two, Sb 3-bets, I call.

in retrospect, i wonder if i should cap. i planned on raising a non heart turn....not sure why i took that route at the time....

anyways

3 for 8.5 BB's

9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb checks, I bet, button calls, Sb checkraises...

how many weighted outs do i have?

Scipio 07-22-2006 10:51 AM

Re: how many outs do i have?

If you are behind, I think SB has a to 60% a Set and to 40% A7/A2 and Button has a FD to 50%.
So i think you can discount your outs to 2,6.

avidlearner 07-22-2006 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are behind, I think SB has a to 60% a Set and to 40% A7/A2 and Button has a FD to 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey s-

what do you mean 2,6?

if your in the heat of battle, what do you guys calculate your outs to be here?

MattiasL 07-22-2006 06:39 PM

If you are behind, you do not have enough outs to cover your odds. Either he has a set (and you are dead) or two pair with the ace in which case you have ~2 outs (hearts look bad).

So you can only call if you think there is a fair chance you are ahead (About 1 time in 5? I am too lazy to do the math). An extreme LAG you have to call down. Lacking reads I would probably fold.

Edit: Oops. Missed the "hidden outs". Against two pair with ace you have 4-6 outs (against A7) or 7-9 (against A2). So it is closer than I originally thought. But if we factor in the risk for sets you still dont have enough odds to call unless we factor in a probability of you being ahead here.

Scipio 07-22-2006 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey s-

what do you mean 2,6?

if your in the heat of battle, what do you guys calculate your outs to be here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I made some assumptions and then i counted my Outs.
My Result was 2,6 Outs.

I donīt think that it is possible (or necessary) to make mathematical calculations in 15 seconds so i think the most player play by feeling.

By the way : I call it down.