Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OOT Departed - Roll Call (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523419)

Dids 10-16-2007 12:51 PM

Re: OOT Departed - Roll Call

While that rant is a bit out there, if you're looking for "Elaine is insane" [censored], you can do a lot better.

CallMeIshmael 10-16-2007 01:30 PM

As much as that story is awesome, its like in the bottom 5% in craziness/wrongness for things elaine has said.

[ QUOTE ]
Turns out my experience isn’t uncommon. It’s happened to lots of women: we get peed on like we're fire hydrants

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a REALLY great line though. Because she simultaneously stretches the truth (I cant imagine she has any reason to believe women are getting peed on with great frequency) and turns this into one of her little causes. Two things that make elaine who she is.

Stuff like "And other things are in limited supply: wealthy, opportunity, resource. The US may well be a rich nation, but the distribution of those riches is a zero-sum game" from that post linked above is where elaine is at her most wrong.

Also, (ON AN UNREALTED NOTE) settle a debate: do you think some feminist who is crazy and posts a blog on the internet, maybe even an ex-2p2er, would make for good sex? Opinions on this seem to be split.

Anacardo 10-16-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stuff like "And other things are in limited supply: wealthy, opportunity, resource. The US may well be a rich nation, but the distribution of those riches is a zero-sum game" from that post linked above is where elaine is at her most wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Is Elaine aware that there are economic systems that work differently from poker?

Georgia Avenue 10-16-2007 01:46 PM

Back to the topic of OOT Departed I miss:

This thread.

tdarko 10-16-2007 03:10 PM

GA,

Why did you miss a thread that just list some poster names that were pretty cool? IMO, this thread is waaaaaay better now and was super lame before.

Case Closed 10-16-2007 03:33 PM

I miss the excitement [censored] brought to OOT.

Also, where is commodus?

nath 10-16-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, (ON AN UNREALTED NOTE) settle a debate: do you think some feminist who is crazy and posts a blog on the internet, maybe even an ex-2p2er, would make for good sex? Opinions on this seem to be split.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet they possibly would; however, in the unrelated and hypothetical you are describing, I am of the opinion that the person is the wrong kind of crazy for that.

Dids 10-16-2007 04:23 PM

Nath,

My feelings on the issue are essetially that the person in question is probably agressive, but incorrectly so, resulting in a confusing and less than awesome experience.

samjjones 10-16-2007 04:32 PM

I miss the way/frequency that I used to post before the ill-fated decision to help moderate this joint.

RIP Shajen, [censored], and lucas9000.

And I also pissed into a clothes hamper once upon a time.

4_2_it 10-16-2007 04:35 PM

samj,

I miss your Hollywood HOF posts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]