Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Malmuth and Sklansky Interviews? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=423825)

deacsoft 06-09-2007 04:05 PM

Malmuth and Sklansky Interviews?

Some of you are aware that I frequently conduct interviews for Two Plus Two Internet Magazine. I originally wanted to interview members of the Two Plus Two community so that everyone would have a chance to become more familiar with some of the leaders and respected members of this site. New opportunities became available to me so I began to get interviews with respected and well known poker professionals and authors. I have been interested in interviewing Mason Malmuth and David Sklansky for quite some time now. I always figured that would satisfy my original goal and the goal that I've progressed to. However, there have always been a few concerns. The biggest of the concerns is self-promotion.

Ever since I brought this up to Mason, he's declined to do the interview. He thinks that others will see it as an act of self-promotion. An interview with him in his own magazine could indeed give that impression. However, I think it would give the members and readers of this forum a great opportunity to get to know a little more about the men that have made this all possible.

Mason, Mat Sklansky, Dynasty, and I got together for lunch a couple days ago and this was one of the subjects we discussed. We decided to let you all chime in and help us to decide if we should pursue this idea any further. So please feel free to comment on the idea and let us know in this thread if you'd be interested in seeing an interview with Mason, David, or both in future issues of Two Plus Two Internet Magazine.

*Side note* I'm currently in Vegas and will be conducting more interviews with top pros from the WSOP. The possibility of interviews with Mason and David will have no affect on that.

**Another side note* An interview with David could finally get us to the bottom of what's going on with Brandi. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

elrudo 06-09-2007 04:20 PM

Re: Malmuth and Sklansky Interviews?

Yes, interviews with Mason & David please.

samsdmf 06-09-2007 04:23 PM

David is doing enough self promotion with the Brandi affair

Salmo Trutta 06-09-2007 04:23 PM

I would love to see an interview with Sklansky, but only if it involved his stable of young fillies. Any other type of interview with him is likely to be a snorefest.

I would also like to see a contest between Sklansky and Barry Greenstein to determine who is the world's best geeky pimp. Make it happen, please. Thank you.

davidlong14 06-09-2007 04:24 PM

Please pursue...

samsdmf 06-09-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to see an interview with Sklansky, but only if it involved his stable of young fillies. Any other type of interview with him is likely to be a snorefest.

I would also like to see a contest between Sklansky and Barry Greenstein to determine who is the world's best geeky pimp. Make it happen, please. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, pretty much what he said, but Mason could be very interesting

doucy 06-09-2007 04:35 PM

deac,

did you make this post expecting anybody to say "[censored] no, i don't want you to interview them, that's the stupidest idea i've ever heard"

of course you should interview them

deacsoft 06-09-2007 05:13 PM

There are some who are of the opinion that Mason and David post enough on the forums that everyone already knows them. Therefore, the interviews would be overlooked.

elrudo 06-09-2007 06:59 PM

But you could ask them things we dont know about them yet, such as favourite colour, and what sort of tree they would want to be if they had to choose. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Troll_Inc 06-09-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are some who are of the opinion that Mason and David post enough on the forums that everyone already knows them. Therefore, the interviews would be overlooked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if we get to pick the questions...that's the way to get people to read the article for sure.