Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars HU big blind now officially fixed. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291924)

DrSavage 12-26-2006 10:53 PM

Stars HU big blind now officially fixed.

Haven't seen any announcements but as of right now small blind has the button and is the first to act preflop and last to act postflop.

TomHimself 12-26-2006 11:33 PM

Re: Stars HU big blind now officially fixed.

awesome

Vehn 12-27-2006 01:12 AM

just in time for their 5th anniversary!

LionelHutz00 12-27-2006 03:36 AM

zomg awesomeness ship it holla lee jones pwns

RikaKazak 12-27-2006 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disjunction 12-27-2006 04:48 AM

Found this out when I called with Q4o and found myself out of position. OMG I'm hosed I don't know how to play this way no more HU for me.

augie_ 12-27-2006 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet Barry Greenstein is more responsible for this than Lee is.

barryg1 12-27-2006 07:05 PM

Could someone make a poll on this. Many of the bigger limit players have complained to me to change this since I signed with Pokerstars, but some of the management at Pokerstars thought that the lower limit players might want it the other way. There is less reason to play from the small blind when you are out of position, but a contrary argument is that if your opponents don't adjust, then it is to your advantage to have the big blind on the button.

Barry

2461Badugi 12-27-2006 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone make a poll on this. Many of the bigger limit players have complained to me to change this since I signed with Pokerstars, but some of the management at Pokerstars thought that the lower limit players might want it the other way. There is less reason to play from the small blind when you are out of position, but a contrary argument is that if your opponents don't adjust, then it is to your advantage to have the big blind on the button.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm the only one here who prefers BB-button (for precisely this reason, and because rake is more proportionate to my advantage) so I don't think you really need a poll.

In any case it's clearly to Stars' benefit to have the small blind on the button, because fewer hands are folded on the first round and thus they make more rake. So it's inevitable that that will be the way the games run.

ETA: I also think in draw games BB-button encourages action when hands are played, is more elegant, and leads to more interesting situations.

Punker 12-27-2006 07:28 PM

What is better?