Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Chomp 11-15-2007 02:03 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has any1 ever claimed that you couldnīt be sucessful playing 400nl as a 20/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Monkover, I think lots of people have suggested this. I mean, the entire FGators business as elucidated by Clayton was about his inability to take risks and out-play/out aggro people post. 20/10/1.5 hardly suggests that aggro, 2+2/CR type game.

OP's low postflop aggression suggests very little bluffing, very little shoving for FE and is generally the epitome of risk-aversion, not risk-taking.

Also, 400NL is the level that the conventional wisdom suggests where "real" poker begins. I think it would come as as shock to many that there is a 20/10 game that can crush that level. And this guy is CRUSHING.

Dunno, I suppose it is all about postflop - and not just postflop aggression, which this dude doesn't have. He must play the FToP brilliantly.

Finally, the hate in that BBV thread is embarrassing. Seriously, one monkey says the OP's results are dues to good BR management and good table selection and not "good poker". LMFAO. What a moron (not least because BR management and table slecetion are 100% about good poker...what you do when sitting down is only a percentage of it).

Finally finally, I'd give my left bollock to be able to beat 400NL for any amount. RB alone @ 400NL as a breakeven player would probably be three times my current profits. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're putting too much stock in some guy's ability to beat a super soft Swedish only site.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays on Prima, OnGame, Party and B2B, as you'd see if you read the FTP thread.

And if I may say with respect that your dismissive attitude to this guy's remarkable achievements is pretty depressing in a Micro stakes forum.

Gelford 11-15-2007 02:04 PM

You are making up fairy tales.

Poker is about reading hands (or rather estimating ranges). Once you have that down, you are set to go with any style.

And 400NL is sick aggro, which is why you can get by with a more passive style that at 100NL.

And finally let's not underestimate how bad tables can be .. even at 400NL.

I take my hat of to the hero of this tale for a job well done .. it is a big achievement and food for thought.

Phildo 11-15-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has any1 ever claimed that you couldnīt be sucessful playing 400nl as a 20/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Monkover, I think lots of people have suggested this. I mean, the entire FGators business as elucidated by Clayton was about his inability to take risks and out-play/out aggro people post. 20/10/1.5 hardly suggests that aggro, 2+2/CR type game.

OP's low postflop aggression suggests very little bluffing, very little shoving for FE and is generally the epitome of risk-aversion, not risk-taking.

Also, 400NL is the level that the conventional wisdom suggests where "real" poker begins. I think it would come as as shock to many that there is a 20/10 game that can crush that level. And this guy is CRUSHING.

Dunno, I suppose it is all about postflop - and not just postflop aggression, which this dude doesn't have. He must play the FToP brilliantly.

Finally, the hate in that BBV thread is embarrassing. Seriously, one monkey says the OP's results are dues to good BR management and good table selection and not "good poker". LMFAO. What a moron (not least because BR management and table slecetion are 100% about good poker...what you do when sitting down is only a percentage of it).

Finally finally, I'd give my left bollock to be able to beat 400NL for any amount. RB alone @ 400NL as a breakeven player would probably be three times my current profits. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're putting too much stock in some guy's ability to beat a super soft Swedish only site.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays on Prima, OnGame, Party and B2B, as you'd see if you read the FTP thread.

And if I may say with respect that your dismissive attitude to this guy's remarkable achievements is pretty depressing in a Micro stakes forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
B2B would be the super soft Swedish site.

When MDMA tells me he'd get crushed playing like that on FTP/Stars I'm going to listen to him.

derosnec 11-15-2007 02:10 PM

let's pool our BRs and designate one person to play 400nl at one of these small site (preferably gelford since he might be good at poker).

Spurious 11-15-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's pool our BRs and designate one person to play 400nl at one of these small site (preferably gelford since he might be good at poker).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] (only a few hundreds bucks tho)

Gelford 11-15-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the kind words, but .... I don't buy the super soft swedish site talk, there are too many good players around especially swedes, finns and other scando's, so that if the b2b network was softer they would shift sites. (at least at MSNL and up) ... too much money involved.

bsball8806 11-15-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i went out and got farrrrrrrrkin drunk. Hooeked up with this chick and went to take a leak and forgot what she looked like so i left :<.

No root for me tonight.....gay

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL can't say that's ever happened to me...though last week I pretended to be sick so I could leave this girl's apartment because I couldn't "get it up"

whyzze 11-15-2007 02:25 PM

im with gelford here.

He is playing basically the opposite of what solid poker is - therefore by deduction, it should be very effective againt solid poker.

Playing like a station in position in very aggressive games should be very profitable. And lol at him never bluffing.

SDone 11-15-2007 02:28 PM

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $5.35
SB: $5.95
BB: $2.80
Hero (UTG): $15.80
MP: $2.90
CO: $10.50

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.90</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.20</font>, BTN calls $0.25 and is All-In

Flop: ($10.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($10.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($10.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $10.85 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
BTN showed T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Tens) and WON $10.35 (+$5 NET)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Tens) and LOST (-$5.35 NET)

This is how my week has been going.
At least he was short.

whyzze 11-15-2007 02:32 PM

here we go. being a station in position. This was very early in HU, so no crazy reads or anything. I jus know he plays a 7 super aggro here and wont fire the river without an 8.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $100.50
BB: $106.50

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $10

Turn: ($34) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $26</font>, Hero calls $26

River: ($86) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Results: $86 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Eights and Sixes) and WON $85.50 (+$42.50 NET)
BB showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-$43 NET)