Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Which would be most EV+- to wear to a live major tournament (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506998)

betgo 09-22-2007 04:35 PM

Which would be most EV+- to wear to a live major tournament

Rjack 09-22-2007 05:12 PM

Re: Which would be most EV+- to wear to a live major tournament

i find wearing the wsop bracelet is kinda lame, but i'd prolly do the same if i had one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

also first.

Veecee 09-22-2007 05:16 PM

Most -EV is the Full Tilt knockout one IMO

RickAstleyFan 09-22-2007 05:18 PM

I would wear a name tag that simply said, "A.K.A. Grimmstar"

Bonified 09-22-2007 05:31 PM

This is actually quite a subtle question. It depends if you are any good or actually a donk. If you're any good, then looking like a donk (for which the WSOP T-shirt is clearly the best option) is +EV. But if you actually are a donk, then it's -EV.

In the end I went for upside down sunglasses as the most -EV because I would be distracted by constantly thinking "My God I must look like a complete [censored]".

Apathy 09-22-2007 05:41 PM

Betgo,

If you are completly unrecognizable then your answer is much different from someone who a certain group (e.g. most known internet players) will recognize you or if everyone recognizes you (e.g. you are phill hellmuth)

In the former case wearing a WSOP tshirt or some other donkey garb is best to further the impression you are clueless, in the latter wearing a WSOP bracelet will add to the fear/respect that you already have going for you.

imho

[Phill] 09-22-2007 05:44 PM

A Stars or Full Tilt hat is the best option not included.

The trouble is the T shirt says that you beat a live pro - the fact they might be bad is irrelivent. The WSOP bracelet is by far the most -EV option unless its a cash game.

The most correct option is sunnies, but then you need to be comfortable wearing them otherwise the negatives will outweigh any positives (misreading your cards, worrying bout what others say/think about the shades, not being comfortable etc).

warrantofice 09-22-2007 05:46 PM

Is it still neg EV if i commission someone to make me a fake WSOP bracelet?

Whitewash 09-22-2007 05:47 PM

You shouldn't be trying to get attention from the table in a tournament, I think it's best to just fly under the radar. People are more likely to play back at someone peaking their attention.

Moose 09-22-2007 07:44 PM

Comments:

Most EV+ gear would be a McDonalds crew shirt. You could pull off any number of reverse tells with precision.

Most EV- would in fact be a Magic: the Gathering T-Shirt.

The verb involving getting attention from someone is "to pique", not "to peak".

When you wear upside-down sunglasses, you do indeed look stupid, but only trivially more than if they were the right way around.