Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bet JJ on this river? (shorthanded) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538760)

Fadook 11-05-2007 06:11 AM

Bet JJ on this river? (shorthanded)

Bizarre action pre and post flop really confused me in this hand.

CO is 29.69/22.77/2.22. Quite aggressive and tricky postflop, the type who plays aggressively on paired boards, bluffs scare cards, etc, but not downright insane.

BTN is 63.41/15.34/.9. Weird player who has bouts of random aggression. Sometimes he raises a hand like JTo after one limper, other times just limps. I've seen him limp AA before. Postflop he throws in random donks with a weak made hand or air, though his raises mean a strong hand. He always slowplays his strong hands, usually until the river.

.5/1 4-handed

Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: CO raises, BTN calls, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls, BTN caps, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop (13 SB): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks.

Turn (6.5 BB): 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks.

River (6.5 BB): 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero?

Easy bet? Both of these guys like to screwplay, but I could see CO being too afraid of the A to bet his K or Q, or that he had a smaller pocket pair.

kbdunn 11-05-2007 07:19 AM

Re: Bet JJ on this river? (shorthanded)

im thinking no

kbdunn 11-05-2007 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He always slowplays his strong hands, usually until the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Easy bet? Both of these guys like to screwplay, but I could see CO being too afraid of the A to bet his K or Q, or that he had a smaller pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much answers it. Any legimate hand that is capable of calling a bet on a the river has you beat, and these villains are capable of bluff raising in attempt to win the pot or have a legimate raising hand, either way 2 bets going in on the river is bad, and betting this is bad because villains arent going to call with air. If you are feeling good about your reads you might c/c this, but pot isnt huge so im feeling a c/f

tyler_cracker 11-05-2007 03:37 PM

check again. if you wanted to stab at this, the turn is the place. since you didn't, check and see.

Sushiglutton 11-05-2007 04:29 PM

I think we should check. The fun part is if the action goes:
check, check, bet, Hero???. We sould probably fold but it would be such a weird spot, that I may do a 'what the heck is going on'-call

LukeSLTS 11-05-2007 04:46 PM

This spot is check. A bet would be a terrible play. What hand that you beat is going to call? You also set yourself up to be bluffed by the aggro villain. It is much better to check and then call when Mr. Aggressive bluffs. If the first villain bets and the 2nd calls you also have an easy fold.