Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Flopped Boat Hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505822)

Frond 09-20-2007 10:56 PM

Flopped Boat Hand

4/8 live. LP table for the most part. Scarmilglio was watching me play this hand(after he cashed nicely [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) so he can comment if I mess anything up here at all.

Villain(BB) is younger guy who is losing,and playing too loose in general.

3 limpers to Hero on the BTn with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] who raises, SB calls, BB calls, others call as well. Seis ways

(11 Sbs) Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] All check to hero who bets, SB folds, BB raises, rest fold to Hero who 3 bets, BB calls. HU

(8.5 BBs) Turn comes the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

(10.5 BBs) River comes the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB checks, Hero Bets, BB folds.

My PF raise-I had only been getting big cards for the most part and raising with them so this was a goot spot to throw in a PF raise on the BTn with a med pair IMO to mix it up a bit. I mix this hand up on the BTn now, sometimes raise, more often I call with it though.

Flop-Would I have been better off just calling the BB's flop C/R here and waited till the turn for him to bet so I could then raise him? Give him a chance to catch up a bit? Scarm & I chatted about the hand discreetly right after and were trying to figure out if just calling the C/R might have been a better play HU here to entice a bet on the turn from the BB. Then again he may have had a T and if the board paired I was up the creek, but he would have bet the turn if he had a T. I can count on 3 fingers the times I have slow played this year. Does this at all qualify to slow down just a bit after the flop C/R?

PS. Hope I am not posting too many hands lately and bothering anyone, but it is great way to learn. Please let me know

KitCloudkicker 09-20-2007 11:50 PM

Re: Flopped Boat Hand

i like all streets.

i generally refrain from using fancy plays against players that suck.

mntndrew 09-20-2007 11:56 PM

NH. Who knows, if he has a T, he may cap the flop AND lead the turn. Or, if he's just on a straight or flush draw, you still get extra bets in by 3-betting the flop, particularly when he hits his card.

PokerJans 09-21-2007 12:42 AM

Whats the question here?! j/k

No this is fine, I usually only call the flop c/r and raise the turn HU with hands like AK on a K43r flop or something.

In this situation when there is a chance he has a T you need to just ram and jam because he will put in a lot of money when he has a ten.

But what do I know, I hardly even play anymore lol

BigBadBabar 09-21-2007 01:00 AM

pre is okay either way and post is standard, nh

bernie 09-21-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(10.5 BBs) River comes the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB checks, Hero Bets, BB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as he knows, you may have only had KQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Think of how many hands you could play this flop that way.

b

earlytimes1 09-21-2007 10:12 AM

I just keep jamming on flop & hope he has a T.

HoneyBadger 09-21-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just keep jamming on flop & hope he has a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

standard. nh. Only part worth discussion would be the preflop raise imo.

youlosepork 09-21-2007 10:59 AM

call pre flop, call flop, raise turn

gobbledygeek 09-21-2007 11:13 AM

* grunch *

If there were any other players trapped in the hand then I'd continue to go hard on the flop and win extra bets there but it's already heads up. If I was out of position I would also continue to go hard because I'd hate the turn to check thru. But since it's heads up and you're in position with a monster hand, I think this is the perfect time to only call the flop check/raise and go for the raise on the turn.

I had a similar hand recently. I raised AA on the button and the flop came AT8rainbow. The SB led, BB called, I raised, SB 3bet and BB folded (getting it heads up). SB was not the type to play a draw hard so I knew he already had a hand he was happy with. Unfortunately, I stupidly capped the flop; I could have earned an extra SB had I just called his 3bet and raised the turn, but my flop cap prevented him from leading again.

GcluelessnoobG