Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Pretty deep hand early on from WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467032)

wpr101 08-01-2007 11:26 PM

Pretty deep hand early on from WSOP

Effective stacks are 44k on the second 100/200 blind level. Guy who has me covered raises UTG+1 to 600, 1 caller right next to him. I call out out the BB with 67s. Original raiser is uncreative tight player.

Flop (pot: 1900): Flop 459r. I check, original raiser bets 1300. I cr to 4500, he makes it 10k total and I call.

Turn (pot: 21900): ten (459rT). Goes check/check.

River: is another 9. It completed runner/runner flush too. Best play to check fold?

djk123 08-01-2007 11:38 PM

Re: Pretty deep hand early on from WSOP

ya

T_Mac 08-02-2007 03:02 AM

Great river to bluff, his turn check and small 3 bet seem like overpair looking for cheapish showdown/figure out where hes at. If hes tight and uncreative that 9 should scare him into folding I like betting ~12-15k.

I probably would have check called the flop bet also.

0evg0 08-02-2007 03:49 AM

If he's not so uncreative that he's still raising 44/55 PF, I'm not crazy about the flop c/r.

wpr101 08-02-2007 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great river to bluff, his turn check and small 3 bet seem like overpair looking for cheapish showdown/figure out where hes at. If hes tight and uncreative that 9 should scare him into folding I like betting ~12-15k.

I probably would have check called the flop bet also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this at the time too. I ended up betting 14k. He thought about it for almost a minute before calling with KK and said that he was really close to folding. The nine was a good card but my line doesn't make that much sense for a nine at the same time. In retrospect I like the c/f better, no so much based off the results though.

wpr101 08-02-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's not so uncreative that he's still raising 44/55 PF, I'm not crazy about the flop c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't really that bad, he could easily be raising 55/44 from there or maybe limping. I don't see what's too wrong with the flop cr because although I was not that familiar with his preflop range I would estimate it could include AK/AQ/AJs/KQs. He's going to fold those hands and it's not that bad if he has TT-AA because it maybe hard for him to get away if I hit an 8.

twonine29 08-02-2007 10:38 AM

Problem is, by callin his 3-bet on the flop, you probably did expect him to pay off a value bet if you hit u're OESD. Now that you didn't hit it, you're expecting him to fold to a value bet bluff.

I say 4 bet push flop (crazy, but at least u're representing huge on a rainbow flop). Otherwise, just check/call, check/fold.

MLG 08-02-2007 11:00 AM

I agree with twonine.

betgo 08-02-2007 11:07 AM

Villain sounds very typical of day 1 mostly 40+ year old amateurs. He might as well turn the kings face up when he checks the turn.

I agree that OP's line does not make sense for trips or a flush. I think you will make your money off this opponent the times he doesn't have a big pair.

T_Mac 08-02-2007 03:31 PM

Yeah thats true twonine but it was a special situation. River 9 is pretty much the only bluff card you could have caught to lose more money on. The 4 bet flop is pretty good too.

wpr if he has AK then hes probably going to check behind on the turn and you can take it on the river with a bet anyway. If he has an overpair itd be hard for him to get away no matter what, and ur just bloating the pot while behind and with little fold equity.